Should I bother returning this monitor?

David

After buying a second monitor from Newegg to match my old U2412M (left), it arrives and has the terrible yellow tint that was infamous on these monitors in ~2012 (after which it was supposedly fixed). Adjusting the color settings (or ICC profile) does not fix it. There's also a noticeable (well, in pictures -- not during use) PWM flicker that my old one doesn't have.

Pcg2IPZ.png

The color difference is significantly worse in real life.

Now I've spent hours going through Dell's website and talking to clueless Indian chat support "reps" and found that they don't even add service tags to their <25" monitors. These "tags" are required to even contact their warranty / tech support. It's so terrible it's actually sort of hilarious. 

On the bright side there aren't any dead pixels or anything... Also, the monitor was manufactured in April 2014, so it's likely I'll get the same revision / problem on a new one should I exchange it.

So far my dual monitor experience is off to a bad start.

**Glares at Fergal**

I have this problem between my monitors as they are almost the same model, but one is LED and the other two are LCD. And those LCDs have a noticable yellow tint, but I don't ever care or notice it much anymore, and at night, the different seems to disappear with f.lux anyway.

You are as well return it, but as you said, the problem could persist as far as the manufacture dates are concerned.

In my experience, it's only noticeable when at Google and such, as you are in that image. If it is bothering you a lot, return it, otherwise, live with it. Your choice.