Poison Arrow vs Silver Bolts. Wtf??

I hope I'm missing something cause it appears that Silver Bolts is faaar better.

Poison Arrow
  • [*]Cast Time: Instant [*]Range: 28m [*]Cost: 32 Stamina [*]Deals 5 poison damage. [*]Target takes (?) poison damage over 10 seconds. [*]Morphs
    • [*]Venom Arrow: Interrupts spells by stunning the caster for 3 seconds and throwing them off balance. [*]Poison Injection: +35% damage over time against low-health targets.

Silver Bolts
  • [*]Cast Time: Instant [*]Range: 28m [*]Cost: 72 Stamina [*]Deals 39 physical damage. [*]Undead and Daedra are knocked down for 3.5 seconds. [*]5% chance to banish targets on hit, dealing 189 magic damage. [*]Morphs
    • [*]Silver Shards: Hits 2 additional targets, but with reduced damage. [*]Silver Leash: Pull an enemy to you and deal additional damage.

So Bolts does more damage per stamina & it's all upfront, plus the 5% for basically a super mega crit. Knock down on vamps& wolves(with points)

So is this real or am I missing something here?

Silver Bolts is so OP against the right targets.

I could spam kill a single monster with it laying on the ground the entire time from knockdown.

*Poison arrow also includes your weapon damage (bow in hand) which isnt shown.

Deminishing return

You are missing something, and that something here is huge:Poison Arrows is lvl 1 value here, but SIlver Bolts here is listed as it would be at lvl 6. This is why both their stamina costs and damage amounts seem strange compared to each other.

The real value of SIlver bolts is 16 damage for 42 stamina. And poison arrow is 9 damage, with extra 8 damage over 10 seconds for 32 stamina. Not so different now hey?