Top Wolf...or best Werewolf race/class?

Guest chacha

Redguard for stam passives

Bosmer for stam passive/poison res(werewolves take 50% more dmg from poison, meaning anyone with a bow will nuke your ass)

Personally i would go redguard and stack poison res gear if you are planning on playing wolf form a lot

Guest Batailleuse

i don't totally agree about the "Nuke" 

only 3 skills have poisons in the whole game. (so far)

1 is natural poison (Poison Arrow)

2 are potential morph 

first being a Vampire skill morph (mist form) 

second being a Snipe morph 

both shots cost stamina, poison arrow do ~normal bow shot (+poison dot) and even u spam it you may only throw it 4-5 times. but you loose the effect of poison dot if u spam it (for N-1 shots) so basically a lost of DPS. 

A Snipe poison shot ... might hurt however. (a lot !) 

but ... that's all, only those 3 skills can dmg a werewolf a bit more than usual. 

The Fighter Guilds skills arent so OP against you in general but the 5% banish however small if it passes you're dead anyway. it's almost one shot. (i think by lvl 20 it had already ~650dmg as banish vs ~100 normal shot ... but they add up, so 750 by 20 you're OS most likely)

by 50 might be a little different, but even if it's 50% you're most likely in a poor situation anyway.  

Redguard, Imperial or Bosmer do good max stamina Werewolf (with some decent dmg output)

khajit, can do a good max dps werewolf if u have high natural crit and took berserker werewolf. in that case the bonus +15% dmg on crit, and natural +3% crit  chance on melee, can make a much bigger difference, since you will hit like crazy fast.

Also ... i would go for a DK as best class for a werewolf, 

often taking shots, making your ult generate faster, and when you Turn into werewolf you can gain +1000 hp/sta/magicka on morph since a passive skill gives you +100% of the ult cost as hp/sta/magicka. which can be a huge bonus in a fight. 

Not to mention that you have some decent buff you can use just before you turn that last a few sec while you are turned.

Dragon Blood (+hp regen, +dmg reduc or +sta regen) depends your morph

Molten weapon (+fire dmg or +30% crit/6sec)

Yes i think DK well be a Solid choice,what about Orc as a race 6% heath/stam and 15% heath regen, for wepons i was thinking Bow/Restoration Staff and having Werewolf being the mele,so you can kill at range / heal tank wile you build up to change to to mele damge

what about stats max out stam/magic or Stam/heath?

Guest Batailleuse

your skills DO NOT COUNT IN werewolf form,

but if you activate long term buffs before morphing you do keep them. so any class with buff is good. 

in term of Buff for a Werewolf you have:

DK

• HP/stam regen for 20sec,
  • a massive all ressources regen when morphing,
  • some added dmg for 1min, (even some +30% crit/6sec depends on morph)
  • could have armor buff 20sec.
  • Reflective Scale (6sec)

Templar

• has no buff so ... nothing worth for a werewolf

Sorcerer

• weapon surge could give 50% of crits as heal. (17sec)

Nightblade

• could have a +30% attack speed. for 17sec
  • a 15% miss buff 20sec 
  • Marked Target debuff on target
  • Path of darkness for 10sec
  • any actived skill that drains HP before he morphed.

You also have random buff from other skill tree that benefit to all classes;

Bassically there are some Classes that do have a certain avantage at being Werewolf compared to other. 

Nightblade and DK are the two favourites (in my opinion) one is more tanky, the other more damage dealing oriented.

Im worried that the devolpers may end up under powering the beast form. I remember in skyrim, i ended up surpassing my beast form power with armore enchantments. I hoping the eso beast for with be able to retaining meduim armors stamina boneses or naturally surpass even enchanted armor. the whole point of being a werewolf is to have a decent melee advantage, im not saying they need to make weres invincable, however they don't need to under power them like in skyrim, i also hope alchemy postions if drunk pre-transformation will have an effect like in skyrim. Just saying...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Langhun

Hi,

I started play DK and definitely wanna go werewolf. Right now I need to choose morph for molten weapon, but I am not sure which one will be more beneficial for werewolf itself.

1.Igneous Weapons, which add fire damage to light and heavy attacks (amount of fire damage depends on maximum inteligence and spell damage). It would be nice to have extra fire damage in werewolf form for 1 min, but the question is if it really works on werewolfs?

2. Molten Armaments, which add extra crit. chance for 6s. This is not exactly benefit for werewolf form due to short duration, but It gives me good reason to spam buff more often to regain ultimate cost faster.

What you guys think?

2 are potential morph 

both shots cost stamina, poison arrow do ~normal bow shot (+poison dot) and even u spam it you may only throw it 4-5 times. but you loose the effect of poison dot if u spam it (for N-1 shots) so basically a lost of DPS. 

but ... that's all, only those 3 skills can dmg a werewolf a bit more than usual. 

The Fighter Guilds skills arent so OP against you in general but the 5% banish however small if it passes you're dead anyway. it's almost one shot. (i think by lvl 20 it had already ~650dmg as banish vs ~100 normal shot ... but they add up, so 750 by 20 you're OS most likely)

by 50 might be a little different, but even if it's 50% you're most likely in a poor situation anyway.  

Redguard, Imperial or Bosmer do good max stamina Werewolf (with some decent dmg output)

khajit, can do a good max dps werewolf if u have high natural crit and took berserker werewolf. in that case the bonus +15% dmg on crit, and natural +3% crit  chance on melee, can make a much bigger difference, since you will hit like crazy fast.

often taking shots, making your ult generate faster, and when you Turn into werewolf you can gain +1000 hp/sta/magicka on morph since a passive skill gives you +100% of the ult cost as hp/sta/magicka. which can be a huge bonus in a fight. 

Not to mention that you have some decent buff you can use just before you turn that last a few sec while you are turned.

Dont forget

Trapping Webs
  • Cast Time: Instant
  • Range: 28m
  • Cost: 124 Magicka
  • Deals 44 magic damage and snares an enemy 40% for 8 seconds.
  • Allies may activate Spawn Broodlings synergy.
    • Deals 88 magic damage.
    • Summons 2 spiders for 10 seconds.
  • Morphs
    • Sipder Silk: Upgraded Spiders. Black Widows last longer and have poison DoT.

• 6 months later...
Guest Aether

Yes i think DK well be a Solid choice,what about Orc as a race 6% heath/stam and 15% heath regen, for wepons i was thinking Bow/Restoration Staff and having Werewolf being the mele,so you can kill at range / heal tank wile you build up to change to to mele damge

what about stats max out stam/magic or Stam/heath?

2 are potential morph 

What are talking about? DK?  What is DK?  I really want to know.  Seriously.  What is DK? :-)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest James Bayley

Redguard for stam passives

Bosmer for stam passive/poison res(werewolves take 50% more dmg from poison, meaning anyone with a bow will nuke your ass)

Personally i would go redguard and stack poison res gear if you are planning on playing wolf form a lot

The thing is that once you take the form of the wolf, with the exception of the Ring's of Hircine, you will lose all buffs from gear (ie enchantments, armour and damage rating) since the game auto-dequips your items for you.