Wretched Abyss Glitch.

KnightInWhite

Question

Welp, I've inscribed the lexicon and have brought it to Septimus. He gives me the blood harvesting tool, then I hear a "Woosh" sound, and doing this quest before on another profile, I knew it would be Hermaeus Mora or, the "Wretched Abyss". Although on my other play-through, I had the dragonborn DLC. (Long story, I need to license transfer but I only have it on my first account ATM) Anyway, pretty much what happens is I go up to the purple orb and all it says is -press A to Speak Wretched Abyss- (Xbox 360 of course) I've pressed A a million times, but the little nugget wont speak. I can't get out unless I kill Septimus, which I'd rather not do. 

Also, when I load my save, it still does the same thing. Could this be a glitch from once having the Dragonborn DLC? Is it fixable? Does anyone know what I can do? 

I'll be able to license transfer my DLCs back in April, hopefully that will fix it, but it's a long wait, so if any of you have any advice or ideas, please let me know. (:

11 answers to this question

It might be an issue with Dragonborn, it might not. If you have Dragonborn installed the Wretched Abyss should be a mass of floating tentacles instead of the blue/purple orb.

Posted Image

I've read about a few people with the same bug (i.e. WA won't talk) but I don't know of any answers or fixes. Loading a previous save probably won't do anything. Installing (or reinstalling) Dragonborn might fix it, and is probably your best shot.

Let us know if installing Dragonborn works. :)

• Upvote 1

Such a glitchy quest. I've ran into a few bugs, but not the one you described. As you mentioned, killing Septimus would allow you to leave the area, but that would most likely mean missing out on Oghma Infinium. Reverting to and old save might help, but I imagine you wouldn't have made a topic if you had one. If I had to guess though, this glitch is probably a product of the Dragonborn DLC.

Guest Zack roach

On PS3 I had dragonborn and my game bug and it deleted my dragonborn and it wants me to repay for the doc and I can't talk to wretched abyss. What should I do?

I found a way to fix it. You have to keep trying to jump over the Wretched Abyss, you'll land on the front of it. Then keep walking left and right while jum106ping and you'll make it over. Give the Mage the blood and let him do his thing. Then when you go to leave, the abyss automatically talks to you and disappears.

Guest Whiteboy

Skyrim for ps3, the wretched abyss will not work. I don't and never have had any of the DC and no matter what I do it never works and It makes me want to throw a chair