Thevies guild glitch

Guest Colby

Question

Ok I have done the first story line for them I did that quest where I went with mercer then he tried to kill you then I did the 4 major quests for delvin in all the major holds but I can't find brynjolf and now when I talk to delvin it's like I have never done a quest for him before I have also done the moon sugar quest. Do I have to do the stones quest and help the bar keep with the journals I just want to know how to get to the next stage of the thevies guild quest line

1 answer to this question

The quest that Mercer tries to kill you is called Speaking with Silence. At the conclusion of that quest, you should have spoken to Karliah and she would have told you to speak to Enthir, who is either in the tavern in Winterhold or in the College. You don't have to speak to Brynjolf at all.

So basically, find Enthir and talk to him. That should start Hard Answers. On the bright side, you seemed to have done a lot of the extra quests in the guild, which will be a huge help later.

• Upvote 1