Hunters Guild (NPC Guild Idea) - Post Launch

This NPC guild, which is made up of hunters, archers and rangers, will lead you on a series of quests to hunt down and kill rare and unique beasts scattered throughout Tamriel. There’s no other objective but to explore the land while hunting worthy game. You’ll have a Hunters Log that shows which animals you need to hunt down and kill (extensive list spanning multiple zones). In addition to adding many hours of new content, a new Hunter Skill Line would be added and have access to abilities such as:

Detect Animal (passive): The caster can detect animal life.

Oakflesh: Improve the caster’s armor rating for duration.

Forestwalk: The caster’s run speed is increased for duration.

Ranger Trap: Creates booby trap. Inflicts damage while stunning target (one per use).

Night-Eye: The world is cast in bluish hue, making darker areas more visible.

Hawk Companion (passive): Slightly improve the caster’s stealth detection radius.

Overall, the Hunters Guild is relatively easy to implement because the content already exists. The year ESO takes place is E2 583 262 years after the Guild Act was passed in the Empire. Many sanctioned guilds popped up very quickly. The Hunters Guild is entirely lore friendly. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Guilds_Act

btw, if Detect Animal is a passive how will you cast it? :P

I guess it will always be on? Not sure how I like that though, because I like having the option to turn off trackers to keep my mini-map from getting too cluttered. I also question the use of Night Eye. Similar to the console games, I would just turn up the brightness on my TV if the dungeon was too dark.

Not a bad idea, of course. Unlike Mr Prime here, I don't have a problem with it being a quest line.