Photo

Building Your Character - Elitist Builds

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts
It was a templar in quakecon using sneak not a nightblade using invisibility. Invisibility only last a few seconds. To force a nightblade out of Invisibility you simply hit your pbaoe... shrug.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Francis

Francis

• Validating
  • 327 Posts

I'm pretty sure Paul Sage commented that it was a nightblade. Shoddycast commented on the uncanny length of the invisibility on their ESO Weekly: Quakecon video. I wasn't talking about the character Nick Konkle was using, if that's what you thought.

And the point blank area of effect thing... I don't know. I thought invisibility only broke when the caster attacks. We'll find out sooner or later.

Rally

Rally

• 79 Posts

And i wouldn't realy give too much abt the majority of those users, if u consider their forum entrys.and pbaoe ftw. most invisplayer are to dumb to juke efficiently

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

I am talking about Eliza, the character level 16 dark elf templar using bow, dual wield and sneak that they showcased on Quakecon both in solo game and also later in the same clip in a dungeon:

http://www.youtube.c...WXjzLEGV9U#t=70

Please link to the video where they showcase a Nightblade using invisibility for a long period of time.

(or are we talking about the Nightblade in the party played by someone else during the dungeon crawl...?)

Francis

Francis

• Validating
  • 327 Posts

Chill. I sifted through it again, I think it's the guy with the restoration staff that keeps becoming transparent.

We don't know if pbaoe does work on nightblades. And on the video I just noticed that his attacking doesn't remove the transparent effect either. Let's not argue, shall we? I only put Magelight out there.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

At first, all my builds took Magelight. But when the tooltip was leaked it was disappointing. The radius is so small that it's practically useless for keeping stealthies away, they can still get within 12m (which is closer than needed for almost every ability that's not melee...and since, unless it's a NB using Invis, you can see people sneaking when they're really close anyway--it's useless against a NB in Invis.). It only lasts 15s, I thought it was going to be always-on.

Right now it feels like the only thing it realllllly counters is when a NB is going to use Consuming Darkness to run away, and even then..as soon as they're 12m away it doesn't work anyway. Also, a NB will be able to run away from most casters with ease because a caster isn't great at chasing...they're better at kiting..and the magelight will probably only be worth using on some caster builds if they change it to increase magic damage like they said they would (and they did on the Summoning abilities for Sorc, which was the same time they said they'd give Magelight a damage buff when it's out as well, so hopefully they do this.)

It's just not that good in it's current form yet, but with a little bit of tweaking I'd really like to take it on my Temp healer. Although..if I go NB melee then I hope it doesn't get buffed! HAha

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

The party in that video consist of:

dual wield / bow dark elf dps templar (POV)

dual wield dps dragon knight

light armor restoration staff healer nord nightblade

one hand and shield lizard nightblade

Shadow Cloak rank I is a nightblade (Shadow) ability that give invisibility for 2.5 seconds

Not sure if higher ranks give invisibility for a longer period of time (not at all unlikely) and if so, how long.

It got no cooldown so you can re-cast it before it end to keep up invisibility.

It is pretty expansive. At level 1 it cost 72% of your total magicka resource

- and the caster does not regenerate magicka while invisible...

The only other ability in the game that grant invisibility is the ultimate Consuming Darkness.

This is a AoE that last for 12.3 seconds at rank 1. It snare enemies and grant invisibility to the caster.

This invisibility is broken for 1 second each time the caster attack.

The area also trigger the Slip Away synergy that let friends of the caster gain invisibility.

This is a rather expansive ultimate.

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

There is no cooldown on bolt escape (but you will burn magicka fast if you spam it, then again - it is cheaper than shadow cloak and most sorceres probably have a bigger magicka pool and wear more light armor pieces than most nightblades to begin with).

Mage can also wield a two hander as secondary weapon for Critical Charge once he bolt into range of whoever he is hunting

...or instantly encase his target for several seconds

And most ranged abilities are instant cast and can be thrown while running behind someone anyway.....

So even if they are not great at hunting I would not say they are bad at hunting targets that tries to run either.

"Best" pursuer would probably be a Bow wielding Dawn's Wrath sprinting Orc in full medium armor.

First ability they get is a relatively cheap (and thus spammable) 28m range instant snare.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

The party in that video consist of:

dual wield / bow dark elf dps templar (POV)

dual wield dps dragon knight

light armor restoration staff healer nord nightblade

one hand and shield lizard nightblade

Shadow Cloak rank I is a nightblade (Shadow) ability that give invisibility for 2.5 seconds

Not sure if higher ranks give invisibility for a longer period of time (not at all unlikely) and if so, how long.

It got no cooldown so you can re-cast it before it end to keep up invisibility.

It is pretty expansive. At level 1 it cost 72% of your total magicka resource

- and the caster does not regenerate magicka while invisible...

The only other ability in the game that grant invisibility is the ultimate Consuming Darkness.

This is a AoE that last for 12.3 seconds at rank 1. It snare enemies and grant invisibility to the caster.

This invisibility is broken for 1 second each time the caster attack.

The area also trigger the Slip Away synergy that let friends of the caster gain invisibility.

This is a rather expansive ultimate.

I think he meant at like 17:10 in that link where the NB healer was using his DW bar instead of Resto bar, he must have been Cloaking multiple times to stay invisible for more than 2.5s. Or, like you said, it could have been a higher rank where it has a longer duration.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

There is no cooldown on bolt escape (but you will burn magicka fast if you spam it, then again - it is cheaper than shadow cloak and most sorceres probably have a bigger magicka pool and wear more light armor pieces than most nightblades to begin with).

Mage can also wield a two hander as secondary weapon for Critical Charge once he bolt into range of whoever he is hunting

...or instantly encase his target for several seconds

And most ranged abilities are instant cast and can be thrown while running behind someone anyway.....

So even if they are not great at hunting I would not say they are bad at hunting targets that tries to run either.

"Best" pursuer would probably be a Bow wielding Dawn's Wrath sprinting Orc in full medium armor.

First ability they get is a relatively cheap (and thus spammable) 28m range instant snare.

I meant a pure caster, so like...someone who wouldn't be using a 2H or any ability to really close gaps.

EDIT: I do understand that you can Bolt Escape to get close and then use Encase or something to keep them from getting away as a Sorc, no matter what weapon you're wielding, but being able to spam something like Fiery Reach would definitely be better to keep someone in 12m Radius for Magelight, so it's not that effective while playing a typical caster build that would want to kite someone within 12m Radius to begin with.

If you're talking speed for pursuing then a NB with Cripple to drain speed as well as Path of Darkness would be better.

Francis

Francis

• Validating
  • 327 Posts

I think he meant at like 17:10 in that link where the NB healer was using his DW bar instead of Resto bar, he must have been Cloaking multiple times to stay invisible for more than 2.5s. Or, like you said, it could have been a higher rank where it has a longer duration.

Yeah, that. So, there you go...

Unless...if that was actually blur we were seeing...

You see the futility of what we're doing here? We'd be better off waiting 'til open beta comes.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Yeah, that. So, there you go...

Unless...if that was actually blur we were seeing...

You see the futility of what we're doing here? We'd be better off waiting 'til open beta comes.

At least we're coming up with a lot of cool ideas. Even if not all of them will apply directly to the game, some of the theories behind them still will. It's all for fun though..nobody's peer pressuring you into trying to decide anything right now. :P

Edit: There's no meaning to the world, but being a nihilist is no fun!

Francis

Francis

• Validating
  • 327 Posts

At least we're coming up with a lot of cool ideas. Even if not all of them will apply directly to the game, some of the theories behind them still will. It's all for fun though..nobody's peer pressuring you into trying to decide anything right now. :P

Edit: There's no meaning to the world, but being a nihilist is no fun!

I might have sounded more negative than I should have. No, really, I do think it's kinda fun. I was refering more to my own and Xenon's exchanges back there.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

This thread got a ton of views while it was up, so I updated the OP and now I'm bumping it because I feel like it's a sexy ass that needs squeezing.

Cheers.

ghost5689

ghost5689

• 131 Posts

Muscle on the first page of this thread, your medium armor templar build, your ult is death stroke which is a nightblade ultimate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com