Photo

Building Your Character - Elitist Builds

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Interesting. Keep I'm mind though that death strike will provide more crit and crit damage because of passive assassination abilities, and I would take it over EoF. In a PvE situation though I would still keep haste and SS on your hot bars for DW. Makes it easier to refule and get back in with the flurry and assassin's blade spams. I would also keep strife in there just for the siphoning passive of gaining ultimate, and the small heal/DoT.On a side note I do agree that khajiit is the class to be if you are truly trying to min/max the hell out of your NB. But I simply can't bring myself to separate from my beloved dark elf. I have played one since morrowind. Plus I think the 3% magika and stam regen will help out with the NB's high demand on both resources. But the khajiit have pretty much all NB passives, especially that sexy extra crit and crit damage *drool*

Good call on Death Stroke affecting the passives, definitely better than Eye-- I totally spaced it. :)

While soloing I agree it's good to have haste/siphon on the bar, but in a dungeon having Agony + Summon Shade are really really powerful for helping the group out. I see where you're coming from, it'd help you sustain damage overall, but I think having Agony + Shade in a dungeon is a lot more beneficial than haste+siphon. I totally see why haste+siphon is good to have on DW though, it'll keep things moving much faster than bar swapping to Bow and applying haste/siphon before shooting... but from the other group member's perspective.. Agony and Shade will make dungeons go so much smoother. XD

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

A list of my current favorite builds (Please critique)... Dungeon Builds with ***PVP skill swaps***:

THE TANK

DK – Dunmer – Heavy Armor – S&S + Fiery 2H

S&S –

[*]

Puncture ***Fiery Reach***

[*]

Low Slash ***Inferno***

[*]

Ash Field ***Dark Talons***

[*]

Spiked Armor

[*]

Obsidian Armor

[*]

Magma Armor

[/list]

Fiery 2H-

[*]

Fiery Reach

[*]

Reflective Scale

[*]

Molten Weapons

[*]

Cleave ***Uppercut***

[*]

Reverse Slash

[*]

Ancestral Guardian (Tanks while you're helping DPS) ***Dragon Leap***

[/list]

THE MELEE DPS

NB – Khajiit – Enough Medium Armor – DW + Bow

DW-

[*]

Agony ***Shadow Cloak***

[*]

Veiled Strike

[*]

Summon Shade ***Teleport Strike***

[*]

Flurry

[*]

Assassin's Blade

[*]

Death Stroke

[/list]

Bow-

[*]

Mark Target

[*]

Snipe

[*]

Volley

[*]

Haste

[*]

Siphoning Strikes

[*]

Consuming Darkness

[/list]

THE HEALER

Templar – Argonian – Enough Light Armor to have MP efficiency, then Heavy armor – Resto + Destro

Resto-

[*]

Soul Trap ***Siege Shield***

[*]

Rune Focus

[*]

Blessing of Protection

[*]

Cleansing Ritual

[*]

Healing Ritual

[*]

Rite of Passage ***Hitskin***

[/list]

Destro-

[*]

Entropy

[*]

Piercing Javelin

[*]

Sun Fire

[*]

Solar Flare

[*]

Force Shock

[*]

Soul Strike ***Warhorn***

[/list]

THE MAGIC DPS

Sorc – Altmer – Light Armor – Destro + Resto

[*]

Surge

[*]

Weakness to Elements

[*]

Lightning Spash

[*]

Daedric Mines

[*]

Mages Fury

[*]

Overload

[/list]

Resto

[*]

Blessing of Protection

[*]

Steadfast Ward

[*]

Force Siphon

[*]

Rune Prison

[*]

Dark Exchange

[*]

Negate Magic

[/list]

LethalVector

LethalVector

• 10 Posts
Yeah I can see the group applications with shade and agony. My build is a very selfish one, but I think it makes up for it in raw burst.fIf the enemy does fast enough they can't hurt anyone else :P plus with strife on a target, and life steal + power in your daggers will allow you to take a few enemies in you while staying sustainable. Oh yeah I almost forgot! You need dual daggers. +10% sexy crit. That is going to be your best friend as a mainly assassination NB. Especially with flurry and assassin's blade.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Yeah I can see the group applications with shade and agony. My build is a very selfish one, but I think it makes up for it in raw burst.fIf the enemy does fast enough they can't hurt anyone else :P plus with strife on a target, and life steal + power in your daggers will allow you to take a few enemies in you while staying sustainable. Oh yeah I almost forgot! You need dual daggers. +10% sexy crit. That is going to be your best friend as a mainly assassination NB. Especially with flurry and assassin's blade.

Yeah, definitely dual rocking the daggers. This is especially true for your solo build with siphoning strikes on DW bar..but would be better if you went Khajiit! :P How can you like Dunmer more than Khajiit?! XD I get it, it's you...but Dunmer look just like everyone else now so it's not even cool anymore, haha

ghost5689

ghost5689

• 131 Posts

You could also make a very tanky build with the sorcerer class with heavy armor(plus all those def boosting actives) then throw in that one that converts stamina to magica,maybe spam bolt escape and add in some summoning.   AND BOOM! A competing tank.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

You could also make a very tanky build with the sorcerer class with heavy armor(plus all those def boosting actives) then throw in that one that converts stamina to magica,maybe spam bolt escape and add in some summoning.   AND BOOM! A competing tank.

I've been trying to make a sorc in Heavy but it just gets ugly each time. What weapons were you thinking for this build? S&S for PVE or would this be a tanky PVP spec?

LethalVector

LethalVector

• 10 Posts

Yeah, definitely dual rocking the daggers. This is especially true for your solo build with siphoning strikes on DW bar..but would be better if you went Khajiit! :P How can you like Dunmer more than Khajiit?! XD I get it, it's you...but Dunmer look just like everyone else now so it's not even cool anymore, haha

For me is the lore, environment, and nostalgia of being a dark elf. I love morrowind and the tribunal. The lore and environment is my favorite in all of the game. And the dark nature of the Dunmer relate with me. They are believers in the ends justify the means and the darker parts of life. And more importantly I agree with the ebonheart pact (plus I love their colors). But mainly I simply DO NOT like the look of the beast races. Never have since day 1. I will min max the shit outa my character in every way possible except my race. The Dunmer nightblade is just who I am per say. Even if I envy your khajiit passives :P

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

I've been putting off making an actual build since there are so many combinations from the info available.  Here is what I came up with for a sorc with a ton of defensive abilities that will have enough mana cost reduction/regeneration to spam mages fury and lightning splash.  I put some thoughts at the end as well

Breton Sorc w/ 7 light armor pieces
HP:20 points
ST:0
MP:30 points

Ultimate:
Meteor - unlocks rank 8
instant - 28m range - 150 ultimate - no cooldown
deals 14 fire damage
deals 50% to enemies within 5m
knocks enemies back 800cm

Bar 1
Destro Staff
Actives:

Mages Fury – unlocks rank 1
instant – 28m range – 36 magicka – no cooldown
deals 6 shock damage
enemies below 20% health take 18 shock damage

Lightning Splash – unlocks rank 24
instant – 28m range / 4m radius – 52 magicka
leaves a pool of lightning for 5s that deals 5 shock damage every 1s
an ally in the area may activate conduit, instantly shocking enemies for 15 shock damage

Repulse – unlocks rank 4
instant – 5m radius – 52 magicka – no cooldown
nearby enemies are knocked back 6m and snared 45% for 4s

Lightning Form – unlocks rank 50
instant – self – 56 magicka – no cooldown
For 6s
take 40% less damage
deal 2 shock damage to nearby enemies every 1s

Encase – unlocks rank 1
instant – 15m radius – 80 magicka – no cooldown
immobilize enemies in front of you for 4.5 seconds

Bar 2
Resto Staff
Actives:

Regeneration – unlocks rank 1
instance – 15m radius – 40 magicka – no cooldown
- heal nearby ally for 5
- heal for an additional 20 over 20s

Surge – unlocks rank 34
instant – self – 80 magicka – no cooldown
For 17s
increase power by 3

Steadfast Ward - unlocks rank 10
instant - self - 80 magicka - no cooldown
absorbs up to 120 damage from the next incoming attack
last 30s

Conjured Ward – unlocks rank 50
instant – 20m radius – 60 magicka – no cooldown
create a 24 point damage shield on self and summoned creatures for 20 seconds
absorbs 75% of damage taken

Bolt Escape – unlocks rank 4
instant – self – 64 magicka – no cooldown
stuns nearby enemies for 1.5s
teleport forward 15m

Passive synergies:

Prodigy(Light Armor) + Exploitation(Daedric Summonning) = +25% crit chance on enemies affected by daedric magic(encase and repulse)
Magicka Master(breton) + Evocation(LA) + Unholy knowledge(Daedric Summoning) = 29% Spell 
cost reduction and 39% spell cost reduction on lightning spells with expert mage on storm calling tree!
Spell Resistance(breton) + Spell Warding(LA) = +120 Spell Resistance
Daedric Protection = +20% health regen while using resto bar on defence
Capacitor(storm calling) + Recovery (LA) = +38% mana regen
Concentraion(LA) + Cycle of Life(Resto) + Potency(Mages Guild) = +13%-22% extra spell damage
Restoration Master (resto) + Potency (mages Guild) = +10% extra heal

The philosophy behind this build would be to maximize the amount of DPS i'm able to do by
minimizing the amount of kiting i have to do.  I use my large mana pool to stick buffs and 
HOTs on myself (bar 2 resto staff) at the beginning of combat and then switch to bar 1 (destro staff)
to unload cheap offensive spells on them and by then my ultimate will hopefully be high when my mana
is low so I can finish them off with a few meteors.  Switch back to bar 2 if i need to heal and 
protect myself.  I have a lot of mana sinks here but with the huge spell cost reduction huge mana regen i can hopefully keep my mana high enough to have spells like lightning form up all the time for
damage mitigation.  If i am having extra mana in combat I would maybe include bound armor in bar 1 or
the breton ulti(dragon skin) which is like a mana shield i think, instead of meteor.

This build might be weak to CC but maybe spell resistance counters some of that effect? 

I put destruction staff for bar 1 since it seems like a natural fit and the status effects of the heavy attacks mightcome in handy but honestly none of the skills seemed better that the Sorceror skills and the passives dont synergize at all so i don't even know if i would put any points in it... At that point just using a shield might be better since it would 1: Add to the potency of my existing light armor passives as another LA piece and 2: Increase my armor and addextra enchantment bonuses

I'm sure you've changed your build by now, sorry for getting to this post late. I just wanted to make one point in regard to your build-- 

Having a "buff bar" for HOT's and pre-game doesn't work, because (it's my understanding) that when you swap bars the positive effects all disappear from both you and your teammates. (Effects on enemies stay though.)

This is important to remember when making a build. As awesome as it would be...you won't be able to swap bars and cast Haste/Blur/Momentum/Evasion/Summon Shade/Molten Weapons/Surge/Etc.etc. before swapping back to your main-bar. That would be crazy cray, haha!

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

I'm sure you've changed your build by now, sorry for getting to this post late. I just wanted to make one point in regard to your build-- 

Having a "buff bar" for HOT's and pre-game doesn't work, because (it's my understanding) that when you swap bars the positive effects all disappear from both you and your teammates. (Effects on enemies stay though.)

That's wrong.

Only effects which doesn't have a cooldown disappear, like Inferno (DK), or winged twilight, also passives only work when the are on your bar.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

That's wrong.

Only effects which doesn't have a cooldown disappear, like Inferno (DK), or winged twilight, also passives only work when the are on your bar.

Yeah, passives(slotted ones) would only work if they're on the active bar.. but hmm, that opens up a whole new world then. What do you mean by no cooldown? You mean abilities that end over time? Like, if you cast Molten Weapons it will stay on for 45 seconds even if you swap bars after you activate it?

Hmm, so that's..pretty interesting. All of a sudden I like Sorc, NB, and DK more than templar a bit. lol

ghost5689

ghost5689

• 131 Posts

I know what you mean very torn between clases

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Yeah, passives(slotted ones) would only work if they're on the active bar.. but hmm, that opens up a whole new world then. What do you mean by no cooldown? You mean abilities that end over time? Like, if you cast Molten Weapons it will stay on for 45 seconds even if you swap bars after you activate it?

Hmm, so that's..pretty interesting. All of a sudden I like Sorc, NB, and DK more than templar a bit. lol

Sorry cooldown is wrong I meant duration.

Yes, if you cast molten weapons the effect will run for 45 sec. even if you swap your weapons.

But effects like Inferno, Bound armor will disappear, because those don't have a duration.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

I know what you mean very torn between clases

I'm not I know that my main will be a DK Tank/Dps which I use for PvE and PvP and that my only twink will be a sorccerer healer which I only use for Dungeons & raids.

LethalVector

LethalVector

• 10 Posts
It sounded as if you were discussing passives bring on the hot bar? That Just doesn't sound correct, or make any sense at all seeeing as the hotbar is for ACTIVE ABILITIES. if you have to slot passives that's just stupid as hell

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

It sounded as if you were discussing passives bring on the hot bar? That Just doesn't sound correct, or make any sense at all seeeing as the hotbar is for ACTIVE ABILITIES. if you have to slot passives that's just stupid as hell

There are actives which have passives and there are passives which only work when you have skill out of the skill line slotted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com