Building Your Character - Elitist Builds

Musclemagic

Play PvP without any kind of dispell and u'll get facerolled...

This is possible, and probably why they put it in the PVP - Support tree.

This healer might be alright though, and hope that someone else has purge or a temp's around:

DK, Argonian, Heavy Armor, Restoration Staff = 26% increased healing taken + the ability to heal with high damage mitigation = heals are a big deal for this build.

Resto-

-Blessing of Protection

-Spiked Armor

-Obsidian Shield

-Grand Healing

-Regeneration

-Magma Armor

DW-

-Fiery Reach

-Entropy

-Searing Strike

-Twin Slashes

-Inferno

-Soul Strike

Intereseting build, I like it.

But that brings me to somethin different.

When we post builds we have a scenario (group setup, encounter) in mind for it, that's why in some cases our builds are so different.

So how would your 4 man dungeon group look like?

the one I have in mind looks like this:

1.DK Tank (my DK build)

2.DPS with a little bit of CC mainly CC's which take opponents out for a long time and stuns and so on to interupe bosses + has at least the option to switch to AoE dmg so we can bomb. (DK?)

3. DPS with support, dmg mitigation, heals and so on (Templer would be a good one)

4. Healer pure healer  (my sorccerer build)

This is highly possible, and probably why they put it in the PVP - Support tree.

This healer might be alright though, and hope that someone else has purge or a temp's around:

DK, Argonian, Heavy Armor, Restoration Staff = 26% increased healing taken + the ability to heal with high damage mitigation = heals are a big deal for this build.

Resto-

-Blessing of Protection

-Spiked Armor

-Obsidian Shield

-Grand Healing

-Regeneration

-Magma Armor

DW-

-Fiery Reach

-Entropy

-Searing Strike

-Twin Slashes

-Inferno

-Soul Strike

Entropy as your only Magicka regen is not going to cut it! I bet you cant play a well rounded Magicka using Character in Heavy Armor only.

Soul Strike imo is a very weak Ultimate, I would got with Dragon Leap for that build, as u only have DoT skills and u need some burst.

I was reffering to Musclemagic saying DoTs ain't OP and there are no other debuffs worth stripping than Deadric Curse...

Can you give us an example of something else that requires a dispel? I think you can break out of CC in this game, so there's no need to dispel each CC like in most PVP games.

Entropy as your only Magicka regen is not going to cut it! I bet you cant play a well rounded Magicka using Character in Heavy Armor only.
Soul Strike imo is a very weak Ultimate, I would got with Dragon Leap for that build, as u only have DoT skills and u need some burst.

Entropy is the only option that a DK using a Resto/Destro staff has. So, you're saying that this build just wouldn't work at all unless you were in light armor?

EDIT: At first I agreed with the above statement, but I have to take it back. If it wouldn't work, then Heavy Armor builds wouldn't work at all because it's either ST or MP you're sacrificing and there's not that many other ways besides through the armors to increase it. We haven't done the calculations as to which will cause us to lose more effect HP, going Light on an all MP build and being able to put more stats in HP  --VS-- going Heavy and needing to take more MP than HP. It all depends on the numbers, but unless they messed up really badly--it should be fairly even.

I think that overall for single targets Soul Strike > Leap. It depends on the situation, but it's quite a bit more damage overall than Leap is. The damage happens so fast that it's hardly a traditional DOT (not very spread out. It actually does more damage than Leap by 1.2s.) It also doesn't require you to move to their position (or be within 10-20m range to begin with).

Intereseting build, I like it.

But that brings me to somethin different.

When we post builds we have a scenario (group setup, encounter) in mind for it, that's why in some cases our builds are so different.

So how would your 4 man dungeon group look like?

the one I have in mind looks like this:

1.DK Tank (my DK build)

2.DPS with a little bit of CC mainly CC's which take opponents out for a long time and stuns and so on to interupe bosses + has at least the option to switch to AoE dmg so we can bomb. (DK?)

3. DPS with support, dmg mitigation, heals and so on (Templer would be a good one)

4. Healer pure healer  (my sorccerer build)

This is kind of what I imagine in a typical dungeon (Apart from the races being teamed. lol):

THE HEALER

Templar – Argonian – Light Armor – Resto

• [*]

Entropy

[*]

Rune Focus

[*]

Blessing of Protection

[*]

Cleansing Ritual

[*]

Healing Ritual

[*]

Warhorn - U

2nd bar ideas: (Destro)

• [*]

Spear Shards

[*]

Restoring Aura

[*]

Magelight

[*]

Eclipse

[*]

Wall of Elements

[*]

Impulse

THE MAGE

Sorc – Altmer – Light Armor – Destro

• [*]

Surge

[*]

Weakness to Elements

[*]

Lightning Spash

[*]

Mages Fury

[*]

Daedric Mines

[*]

Daedric Curse

[*]

Overload - U

2nd bar ideas: (Resto)

• [*]

Familiar

[*]

Winged Twilight

[*]

Rune Prison

[*]

Dark Exchange

[*]

Force Siphon

THE MELEE

NB – Khajiit – Medium Armor – DW

• [*]

Summon Shade

[*]

Hidden Blade

[*]

Veiled Strike

[*]

Flurry

[*]

Assassin's Blade

[*]

Eye of Fear - U

2nd bar ideas: (Bow)

• [*]

Agony

[*]

Drain Power

[*]

Haste

[*]

Snipe

[*]

Volley

THE TANK

DK – Dunmer – Heavy Armor – S&S

• [*]

Puncture

[*]

Ash Field

[*]

Low Slash

[*]

Spiked Armor

[*]

Obsidian Armor

[*]

Magma Armor - U

2nd bar ideas: (DW)

• [*]

Molten Weapons

[*]

Dragon Blood

[*]

Reflective Scale

[*]

Fiery Reach

[*]

Flurry

[*]

Twin Slashes

[*]

Whirlwind

Can you give us an example of something else that requires a dispel? I think you can break out of CC in this game, so there's no need to dispel each CC like in most PVP games.

Entropy is the only option that a DK using a Resto/Destro staff has. So, you're saying that this build just wouldn't work at all unless you were in light armor?

EDIT: At first I agreed with the above statement, but I have to take it back. If it wouldn't work, then Heavy Armor builds wouldn't work at all because it's either ST or MP you're sacrificing and there's not that many other ways besides through the armors to increase it. We haven't done the calculations as to which will cause us to lose more effect HP, going Light on an all MP build and being able to put more stats in HP  --VS-- going Heavy and needing to take more MP than HP. It all depends on the numbers, but unless they messed up really badly--it should be fairly even.

Oh ffs Mark Target, Weakness to Elements, Blinds...

Yea, but u can bet it will cost some sort of resource to break out of CC. I guess Stamina.

How do u want to make up for 21% less Magicka costs and 24% more Magicka regen by just skilling more Magicka in the first place?

Your build is Magicka only with the exception of ONE skill.

Dunmer NB/DW+bow/Medium -PvEDW:FlurryAssassin's bladeHasteSiphoning strikesStrifeDeath strokeBow:Mark targetVolleySnipeHasteSiphoning strikesUltimate - undecidedThe strategy for this build is to utilize the DW as main focus, however the bow provides necessary AOE and ranged dps when melee is simply too dangerous. Haste and siphoning strikes are in both hotbars for magika and stam regeneration. Simply pop haste, turn on siphoning strikes, and basic attack away to get your resources back. I also included strife on my main bar for DoT purposes, and because of the passive skill in siphoning that gives ultimate every time a siphoning ability does damage. Before boss fights I would have my bow out first and mark the target, then switch back to melee DW. I would always keep strike up, and burst with flurry until both resource pools are very low. At which point I turn on haste and siphoning strikes to get back up, and awards continue bursting again. This would continue until assassin's blade reaches it's point where it recieves it's damage increase, and then spam that and flurry for as long as I can. Death stroke would be used when ultimate is maxed for maximum damage and single target dps.PvP build - same weapons and armor but different hotbars (same character)DW:Veiled strikeFlurryAssassin's bladeTeleport strikeShadow cloakDeath strokeBow:Mark targetSnipeCrippleAgonyStrifeThis PvP build is slightly different, but has much adaptability. The main focus is on DW if it is possible to get in range and burst down the target relentlessly while also stun locking them as much as possible. No matter what I would start out with my bow and mark the target. In a typical scenario I would then switch to DW and veiled strike the target if at all possible, if not then teleport strike will suffice. While the target is stunned I will get in as many flurries as I can to bring their health down. As soon as the stun ends I would shadow cloak and veiled strike them again, again flurrying them. By this point they should be at very low health and be susceptible to assassin's blade. Death stroke would also be a good finisher if assassin's blade drains magika too low, and would still give magika upon the target's death because it is an assassination ability. Now in a realistic scenario his ranged buddy might be very pissed off that I killed his friend, and start attacking me. This is when I would switch over to my bow, Mark his ass, and DoT him up with strife and cripple. Agony could be used by itself in an oh shit type scenario if I need to get away or if I need to gain resources. It could be used to even get closer without them dealing damage to me, but them getting hurt in the process. After his friend is DoTed up I would switch back to DW and teleport strike to him, repeating single target melee strategy. You may be asking why I have snipe on my bow action bar. This is for an alternative plan if I am with a group of nightblades. We would sneak into hostile areas and take out high priority targets by stealthing, marking the target's, and sniping all at once. This might be a glass canon build but I like to view it as they can't hurt you if they can't see you, that's why there is so much emphasis on shadow cloak and veiled strikeThanks to everyone who stuck around and read it all! Please comment with any questions or criticism if you have any, I would be happy to respond. Tell me what you guys think.

Oh ffs Mark Target, Weakness to Elements, Blinds...

Yea, but u can bet it will cost some sort of resource to break out of CC. I guess Stamina.

How do u want to make up for 21% less Magicka costs and 24% more Magicka regen by just skilling more Magicka in the first place?

Your build is Magicka only with the exception of ONE skill.

Yeah, definitely. I agreed with you from the beginning on this, dispel in PVP's an essential- I just wanted to know what you were talking about specifically. :)

The difference is passive damage reduction through armor VS being able to spam more abilities, it's not as easy as seeing how much less MP you'll have and saying that Heavy Armor won't work. If you are able to cast X% more abilities then hopefully you take that same X% less damage (or close to it) rather than Y% less damage.

I mean, if they make it so it's X% more abilities (which can be used to mitigate damage themselves) VS Y% less damage, then it wouldn't be balanced at all. Either X > Y or Y > X.

So, really, they have to be X=Y to make it balanced... The PVP balance team isn't full of idiots (let's hope) so we have to assume that it will come out even.

Dunmer NB/DW+bow/Medium -PvE

DW:

Flurry

Assassin's blade

Haste

Siphoning strikes

Strife

Death stroke

Bow:

Mark target

Volley

Snipe

Haste

Siphoning strikes

Ultimate - undecided

The strategy for this build is to utilize the DW as main focus, however the bow provides necessary AOE and ranged dps when melee is simply too dangerous. Haste and siphoning strikes are in both hotbars for magika and stam regeneration. Simply pop haste, turn on siphoning strikes, and basic attack away to get your resources back. I also included strife on my main bar for DoT purposes, and because of the passive skill in siphoning that gives ultimate every time a siphoning ability does damage. Before boss fights I would have my bow out first and mark the target, then switch back to melee DW. I would always keep strike up, and burst with flurry until both resource pools are very low. At which point I turn on haste and siphoning strikes to get back up, and awards continue bursting again. This would continue until assassin's blade reaches it's point where it recieves it's damage increase, and then spam that and flurry for as long as I can. Death stroke would be used when ultimate is maxed for maximum damage and single target dps.

PvP build - same weapons and armor but different hotbars (same character)

DW:

Veiled strike

Flurry

Assassin's blade

Teleport strike

Shadow cloak

Death stroke

Bow:

Mark target

Snipe

Cripple

Agony

Strife

This PvP build is slightly different, but has much adaptability. The main focus is on DW if it is possible to get in range and burst down the target relentlessly while also stun locking them as much as possible. No matter what I would start out with my bow and mark the target. In a typical scenario I would then switch to DW and veiled strike the target if at all possible, if not then teleport strike will suffice. While the target is stunned I will get in as many flurries as I can to bring their health down. As soon as the stun ends I would shadow cloak and veiled strike them again, again flurrying them. By this point they should be at very low health and be susceptible to assassin's blade. Death stroke would also be a good finisher if assassin's blade drains magika too low, and would still give magika upon the target's death because it is an assassination ability. Now in a realistic scenario his ranged buddy might be very pissed off that I killed his friend, and start attacking me. This is when I would switch over to my bow, Mark his ass, and DoT him up with strife and cripple. Agony could be used by itself in an oh shit type scenario if I need to get away or if I need to gain resources. It could be used to even get closer without them dealing damage to me, but them getting hurt in the process. After his friend is DoTed up I would switch back to DW and teleport strike to him, repeating single target melee strategy. You may be asking why I have snipe on my bow action bar. This is for an alternative plan if I am with a group of nightblades. We would sneak into hostile areas and take out high priority targets by stealthing, marking the target's, and sniping all at once. This might be a glass canon build but I like to view it as they can't hurt you if they can't see you, that's why there is so much emphasis on shadow cloak and veiled strike

Thanks to everyone who stuck around and read it all! Please comment with any questions or criticism if you have any, I would be happy to respond. Tell me what you guys think.

I like it, I would just say that Volley's a really good ability in PVP as well. It may be more beneficial to take Volley than Strife, and here's my reasoning: Your DW bar's your main bar, it'll do more single-target damage. So, you'll want to use your DW bar on single-targets, and then use your Bow bar when things are heavy on the front lines. Strife can only heal you for 30% of the damage done by the last Strife you cast, so while it's healing you there's no point of casting another Strife... So in group battles, Strife's not very important for the heal or for the damage. I know in 1v1 it's good to have, but you have your DW bar for that. I think having a ranged AOE is a really good idea for group fights, and the fact that Volley immobilizes enemies makes it really good for your group.

A good Bow Bar for your DW might include Haste and Siphoning Strikes, they synergize nicely and allow you to refill your resources to get more volleys off. I'd keep Mark Target and Snipe because they're awesome. Agony is amazing as well though...Agony has a 1.5s cast time, so you'll probably get interrupted a lot in group fights, and then in 1v1 if the enemy has an interrupt then you'll never get it off unless you combo it with an incapacitate. To me it's more of a PVE move, (I mean, I know that Sheep in WoW is amaze-balls, but in this game you can get out of it just from spending some ST) Cripple/Strife are good for single target fights, for sure, but I think your DW bar's better for single-target fights anyway, so I wouldn't worry about taking them.

I think this bar supplements your character a lot better. Use it to open, re-fuel before swapping back to DW, or AOE people down in group fights--you can also just pick people off with Snipe. It keeps you out of the fray when things are too hairy for DW bar, and when you feel like swapping back you just Haste/Siphon your way back to full then DW fresh as a mo!

Bow-

Mark Target

Snipe

Volley

Haste

Siphoning Strikes

I like it, I would just say that Volley's a really good ability in PVP as well. It may be more beneficial to take Volley than Strife, and here's my reasoning: Your DW bar's your main bar, it'll do more single-target damage. So, you'll want to use your DW bar on single-targets, and then use your Bow bar when things are heavy on the front lines. Strife can only heal you for 30% of the damage done by the last Strife you cast, so while it's healing you there's no point of casting another Strife... So in group battles, Strife's not very important for the heal or for the damage. I know in 1v1 it's good to have, but you have your DW bar for that. I think having a ranged AOE is a really good idea for group fights, and the fact that Volley immobilizes enemies makes it really good for your group.A good Bow Bar for your DW might include Haste and Siphoning Strikes, they synergize nicely and allow you to refill your resources to get more volleys off. I'd keep Mark Target and Snipe because they're awesome. Agony is amazing as well though...Agony has a 1.5s cast time, so you'll probably get interrupted a lot in group fights, and then in 1v1 if the enemy has an interrupt then you'll never get it off unless you combo it with an incapacitate. To me it's more of a PVE move, (I mean, I know that Sheep in WoW is amaze-balls, but in this game you can get out of it just from spending some ST) Cripple/Strife are good for single target fights, for sure, but I think your DW bar's better for single-target fights anyway, so I wouldn't worry about taking them.I think this bar supplements your character a lot better. Use it to open, re-fuel before swapping back to DW, or AOE people down in group fights--you can also just pick people off with Snipe. It keeps you out of the fray when things are too hairy for DW bar, and when you feel like swapping back you just Haste/Siphon your way back to full then DW fresh as a mo!Bow-Mark TargetSnipeVolleyHasteSiphoning Strikes

Thanks for the tips! You bring up some very good points. Doesn't look like I will have to change my bow bar PvE into PvP then. I wasn't planning on going straight into the fray that much in PvP, but I see your point that it will be unavoidable at some point. You also raised the fact of resource management with haste and SS, and the more I think about it, you're right. My DW bar is very magika nd stam intensive, and it would be nice to get my resources back after a 1v1.

Thanks for the tips! You bring up some very good points. Doesn't look like I will have to change my bow bar PvE into PvP then. I wasn't planning on going straight into the fray that much in PvP, but I see your point that it will be unavoidable at some point. You also raised the fact of resource management with haste and SS, and the more I think about it, you're right. My DW bar is very magika nd stam intensive, and it would be nice to get my resources back after a 1v1.

I'm thinking about a NB build that used DW + Haste + Siphoning Strikes as 2ndary bar, to recharge MP/ST really quick (with DW-Daggers)... But I can't make that bar work. It seems better to refill from a distance whether it's your main bar or not.

I actually really like your build..a lot. The PVP bar you came up with is the exact one that I had posted a few times now, on page#2 it's the Khajiit's DW bar.

I might even say..that it's...the most perfect build yet.

PVP - Khajiit - NB - Medium Armor - DW + Bow

DW-

Shadow Cloak

Veiled Strike

Flurry

Teleport Strike 

Assassin's Blade

Eye of Fear (Either this or Death Stroke)

Bow-

Mark Target

Snipe

Volley

Haste

Siphoning Strikes

Consuming Darkness  - Poof! (Who needs heals when they can GTFO NP? Haha!)

It's the most perfect build because of how well it all comes together. But, it doesn't support the group enough for it to be considered the best build for winning Cyrodiil battles.

PVE Bars I'd recommend this:

Don't worry about Strife, the heal's not great and the damage alone isn't worth it. With Consuming Darkness on Bow Bar you don't need to worry about healing in combat, just get out of combat and you heal up super quick. And I wouldn't worry about Haste/Siphon since it's on your Bow Bar--and you don't want to be in the fray while out of MP/ST anyway, so it's better to just refuel with Bow out.

DW-

Veiled Strike (Since you won't need Shadow Cloak to sneak up if the target's chasing the tank, the 4s stun's nice too, and they can't get out of the stun because they're off-balance. :P)

Flurry

Assassin's Blade

Summon Shade

Agony

Bow

-Same bar as PVP, I've been trying to make it better for just PVE but I think it's spot on.

All cleaned up:

THE MELEE BUILD

NB – Khajiit – Medium Armor – DW & Bow

DW- PvP (PvE)

[*]

Shadow Cloak (Agony)

[*]

Veiled Strike

[*]

Flurry

[*]

Teleport Strike (Summon Shade)

[*]

Assassin's Blade

[*]

Eye of Fear

Bow-

[*]

Mark Target

[*]

Snipe

[*]

Volley

[*]

Haste

[*]

Siphoning Strikes

[*]

Consuming Darkness

Interesting. Keep I'm mind though that death strike will provide more crit and crit damage because of passive assassination abilities, and I would take it over EoF. In a PvE situation though I would still keep haste and SS on your hot bars for DW. Makes it easier to refule and get back in with the flurry and assassin's blade spams. I would also keep strife in there just for the siphoning passive of gaining ultimate, and the small heal/DoT.On a side note I do agree that khajiit is the class to be if you are truly trying to min/max the hell out of your NB. But I simply can't bring myself to separate from my beloved dark elf. I have played one since morrowind. Plus I think the 3% magika and stam regen will help out with the NB's high demand on both resources. But the khajiit have pretty much all NB passives, especially that sexy extra crit and crit damage *drool*

Interesting. Keep I'm mind though that death strike will provide more crit and crit damage because of passive assassination abilities, and I would take it over EoF. In a PvE situation though I would still keep haste and SS on your hot bars for DW. Makes it easier to refule and get back in with the flurry and assassin's blade spams. I would also keep strife in there just for the siphoning passive of gaining ultimate, and the small heal/DoT.On a side note I do agree that khajiit is the class to be if you are truly trying to min/max the hell out of your NB. But I simply can't bring myself to separate from my beloved dark elf. I have played one since morrowind. Plus I think the 3% magika and stam regen will help out with the NB's high demand on both resources. But the khajiit have pretty much all NB passives, especially that sexy extra crit and crit damage *drool*

Good call on Death Stroke affecting the passives, definitely better than Eye-- I totally spaced it. :)

While soloing I agree it's good to have haste/siphon on the bar, but in a dungeon having Agony + Summon Shade are really really powerful for helping the group out. I see where you're coming from, it'd help you sustain damage overall, but I think having Agony + Shade in a dungeon is a lot more beneficial than haste+siphon. I totally see why haste+siphon is good to have on DW though, it'll keep things moving much faster than bar swapping to Bow and applying haste/siphon before shooting... but from the other group member's perspective.. Agony and Shade will make dungeons go so much smoother. XD

A list of my current favorite builds (Please critique)... Dungeon Builds with ***PVP skill swaps***:

THE TANK

DK – Dunmer – Heavy Armor – S&S + Fiery 2H

S&S –

• [*]

Puncture ***Fiery Reach***

[*]

Low Slash ***Inferno***

[*]

Ash Field ***Dark Talons***

[*]

Spiked Armor

[*]

Obsidian Armor

[*]

Magma Armor

Fiery 2H-

• [*]

Fiery Reach

[*]

Reflective Scale

[*]

Molten Weapons

[*]

Cleave ***Uppercut***

[*]

Reverse Slash

[*]

Ancestral Guardian (Tanks while you're helping DPS) ***Dragon Leap***

THE MELEE DPS

NB – Khajiit – Enough Medium Armor – DW + Bow

DW-

• [*]

Agony ***Shadow Cloak***

[*]

Veiled Strike

[*]

Summon Shade ***Teleport Strike***

[*]

Flurry

[*]

Assassin's Blade

[*]

Death Stroke

Bow-

• [*]

Mark Target

[*]

Snipe

[*]

Volley

[*]

Haste

[*]

Siphoning Strikes

[*]

Consuming Darkness

THE HEALER

Templar – Argonian – Enough Light Armor to have MP efficiency, then Heavy armor – Resto + Destro

Resto-

• [*]

Soul Trap ***Siege Shield***

[*]

Rune Focus

[*]

Blessing of Protection

[*]

Cleansing Ritual

[*]

Healing Ritual

[*]

Rite of Passage ***Hitskin***

Destro-

• [*]

Entropy

[*]

Piercing Javelin

[*]

Sun Fire

[*]

Solar Flare

[*]

Force Shock

[*]

Soul Strike ***Warhorn***

THE MAGIC DPS

Sorc – Altmer – Light Armor – Destro + Resto

• [*]

Surge

[*]

Weakness to Elements

[*]

Lightning Spash

[*]

Daedric Mines

[*]

Mages Fury

[*]

Overload

Resto

• [*]

Blessing of Protection

[*]

Steadfast Ward

[*]

Force Siphon

[*]

Rune Prison

[*]

Dark Exchange

[*]

Negate Magic

• Upvote 1

Yeah I can see the group applications with shade and agony. My build is a very selfish one, but I think it makes up for it in raw burst.fIf the enemy does fast enough they can't hurt anyone else :P plus with strife on a target, and life steal + power in your daggers will allow you to take a few enemies in you while staying sustainable. Oh yeah I almost forgot! You need dual daggers. +10% sexy crit. That is going to be your best friend as a mainly assassination NB. Especially with flurry and assassin's blade.

Yeah I can see the group applications with shade and agony. My build is a very selfish one, but I think it makes up for it in raw burst.fIf the enemy does fast enough they can't hurt anyone else :P plus with strife on a target, and life steal + power in your daggers will allow you to take a few enemies in you while staying sustainable. Oh yeah I almost forgot! You need dual daggers. +10% sexy crit. That is going to be your best friend as a mainly assassination NB. Especially with flurry and assassin's blade.

Yeah, definitely dual rocking the daggers. This is especially true for your solo build with siphoning strikes on DW bar..but would be better if you went Khajiit! :P How can you like Dunmer more than Khajiit?! XD I get it, it's you...but Dunmer look just like everyone else now so it's not even cool anymore, haha

You could also make a very tanky build with the sorcerer class with heavy armor(plus all those def boosting actives) then throw in that one that converts stamina to magica,maybe spam bolt escape and add in some summoning.   AND BOOM! A competing tank.

I've been trying to make a sorc in Heavy but it just gets ugly each time. What weapons were you thinking for this build? S&S for PVE or would this be a tanky PVP spec?

Yeah, definitely dual rocking the daggers. This is especially true for your solo build with siphoning strikes on DW bar..but would be better if you went Khajiit! :P How can you like Dunmer more than Khajiit?! XD I get it, it's you...but Dunmer look just like everyone else now so it's not even cool anymore, haha

For me is the lore, environment, and nostalgia of being a dark elf. I love morrowind and the tribunal. The lore and environment is my favorite in all of the game. And the dark nature of the Dunmer relate with me. They are believers in the ends justify the means and the darker parts of life. And more importantly I agree with the ebonheart pact (plus I love their colors). But mainly I simply DO NOT like the look of the beast races. Never have since day 1. I will min max the shit outa my character in every way possible except my race. The Dunmer nightblade is just who I am per say. Even if I envy your khajiit passives :P
  • Upvote 1

I've been putting off making an actual build since there are so many combinations from the info available.  Here is what I came up with for a sorc with a ton of defensive abilities that will have enough mana cost reduction/regeneration to spam mages fury and lightning splash.  I put some thoughts at the end as well

Breton Sorc w/ 7 light armor pieces
HP:20 points
ST:0
MP:30 points

Ultimate:
Meteor - unlocks rank 8
instant - 28m range - 150 ultimate - no cooldown
deals 14 fire damage
deals 50% to enemies within 5m
knocks enemies back 800cm

Bar 1
Destro Staff
Actives:

Mages Fury – unlocks rank 1
instant – 28m range – 36 magicka – no cooldown
deals 6 shock damage
enemies below 20% health take 18 shock damage

Lightning Splash – unlocks rank 24
instant – 28m range / 4m radius – 52 magicka
leaves a pool of lightning for 5s that deals 5 shock damage every 1s
an ally in the area may activate conduit, instantly shocking enemies for 15 shock damage

Repulse – unlocks rank 4
instant – 5m radius – 52 magicka – no cooldown
nearby enemies are knocked back 6m and snared 45% for 4s

Lightning Form – unlocks rank 50
instant – self – 56 magicka – no cooldown
For 6s
take 40% less damage
deal 2 shock damage to nearby enemies every 1s

Encase – unlocks rank 1
instant – 15m radius – 80 magicka – no cooldown
immobilize enemies in front of you for 4.5 seconds

Bar 2
Resto Staff
Actives:

Regeneration – unlocks rank 1
instance – 15m radius – 40 magicka – no cooldown
- heal nearby ally for 5
- heal for an additional 20 over 20s

Surge – unlocks rank 34
instant – self – 80 magicka – no cooldown
For 17s
increase power by 3

Steadfast Ward - unlocks rank 10
instant - self - 80 magicka - no cooldown
absorbs up to 120 damage from the next incoming attack
last 30s

Conjured Ward – unlocks rank 50
instant – 20m radius – 60 magicka – no cooldown
create a 24 point damage shield on self and summoned creatures for 20 seconds
absorbs 75% of damage taken

Bolt Escape – unlocks rank 4
instant – self – 64 magicka – no cooldown
stuns nearby enemies for 1.5s
teleport forward 15m

Passive synergies:

Prodigy(Light Armor) + Exploitation(Daedric Summonning) = +25% crit chance on enemies affected by daedric magic(encase and repulse)
Magicka Master(breton) + Evocation(LA) + Unholy knowledge(Daedric Summoning) = 29% Spell 
cost reduction and 39% spell cost reduction on lightning spells with expert mage on storm calling tree!
Spell Resistance(breton) + Spell Warding(LA) = +120 Spell Resistance
Daedric Protection = +20% health regen while using resto bar on defence
Capacitor(storm calling) + Recovery (LA) = +38% mana regen
Concentraion(LA) + Cycle of Life(Resto) + Potency(Mages Guild) = +13%-22% extra spell damage
Restoration Master (resto) + Potency (mages Guild) = +10% extra heal

The philosophy behind this build would be to maximize the amount of DPS i'm able to do by
minimizing the amount of kiting i have to do.  I use my large mana pool to stick buffs and 
HOTs on myself (bar 2 resto staff) at the beginning of combat and then switch to bar 1 (destro staff)
to unload cheap offensive spells on them and by then my ultimate will hopefully be high when my mana
is low so I can finish them off with a few meteors.  Switch back to bar 2 if i need to heal and 
protect myself.  I have a lot of mana sinks here but with the huge spell cost reduction huge mana regen i can hopefully keep my mana high enough to have spells like lightning form up all the time for
damage mitigation.  If i am having extra mana in combat I would maybe include bound armor in bar 1 or
the breton ulti(dragon skin) which is like a mana shield i think, instead of meteor.

This build might be weak to CC but maybe spell resistance counters some of that effect? 

I put destruction staff for bar 1 since it seems like a natural fit and the status effects of the heavy attacks mightcome in handy but honestly none of the skills seemed better that the Sorceror skills and the passives dont synergize at all so i don't even know if i would put any points in it... At that point just using a shield might be better since it would 1: Add to the potency of my existing light armor passives as another LA piece and 2: Increase my armor and addextra enchantment bonuses

I'm sure you've changed your build by now, sorry for getting to this post late. I just wanted to make one point in regard to your build-- 

Having a "buff bar" for HOT's and pre-game doesn't work, because (it's my understanding) that when you swap bars the positive effects all disappear from both you and your teammates. (Effects on enemies stay though.)

This is important to remember when making a build. As awesome as it would be...you won't be able to swap bars and cast Haste/Blur/Momentum/Evasion/Summon Shade/Molten Weapons/Surge/Etc.etc. before swapping back to your main-bar. That would be crazy cray, haha!

I'm sure you've changed your build by now, sorry for getting to this post late. I just wanted to make one point in regard to your build-- 

Having a "buff bar" for HOT's and pre-game doesn't work, because (it's my understanding) that when you swap bars the positive effects all disappear from both you and your teammates. (Effects on enemies stay though.)

That's wrong.

Only effects which doesn't have a cooldown disappear, like Inferno (DK), or winged twilight, also passives only work when the are on your bar.

That's wrong.

Only effects which doesn't have a cooldown disappear, like Inferno (DK), or winged twilight, also passives only work when the are on your bar.

Yeah, passives(slotted ones) would only work if they're on the active bar.. but hmm, that opens up a whole new world then. What do you mean by no cooldown? You mean abilities that end over time? Like, if you cast Molten Weapons it will stay on for 45 seconds even if you swap bars after you activate it?

Hmm, so that's..pretty interesting. All of a sudden I like Sorc, NB, and DK more than templar a bit. lol

Yeah, passives(slotted ones) would only work if they're on the active bar.. but hmm, that opens up a whole new world then. What do you mean by no cooldown? You mean abilities that end over time? Like, if you cast Molten Weapons it will stay on for 45 seconds even if you swap bars after you activate it?

Hmm, so that's..pretty interesting. All of a sudden I like Sorc, NB, and DK more than templar a bit. lol

Sorry cooldown is wrong I meant duration.

Yes, if you cast molten weapons the effect will run for 45 sec. even if you swap your weapons.

But effects like Inferno, Bound armor will disappear, because those don't have a duration.

It sounded as if you were discussing passives bring on the hot bar? That Just doesn't sound correct, or make any sense at all seeeing as the hotbar is for ACTIVE ABILITIES. if you have to slot passives that's just stupid as hell

There are actives which have passives and there are passives which only work when you have skill out of the skill line slotted