I need an Elder Scrolls movie...

Francis

ESO is six months away and there isn't anything interesting left to do while waiting for it. I'm already wasting away. I can't stop thinking about my in-progress medieval fantasy novel and I've just started dreaming in Nordic.

I wish there was an Elder Scrolls movie being made. I'm in dire need of a good movie fix. And I don't just mean any kind of movie. I need to see one with an atmosphere of wanderlust, faraway lands, weary travelers, world-worn heroes and damsel sidekicks with deep-seated issues...

Eh, video game movies are usually terrible and I can't really think of any exceptions off of the top of my head. I'm definitely struggling to make it to release, though. I need my TES fix.

At least we have ESO instead of the usual 5+ years between the main installments of TES.

Eh, video game movies are usually terrible and I can't really think of any exceptions off of the top of my head. I'm definitely struggling to make it to release, though. I need my TES fix.

At least we have ESO instead of the usual 5+ years between the main installments of TES.

Yeah, I thought the same thing about movie adaptations of books too. But then I was proved wrong by Fight Club. The film was better than the book by a mile. And, true, it's great we're getting an online ES. I've never been one to geek out about games, but I have actually finished every single Shoddycast video about ESO on Youtube in anticipation.

And, David, did you know there's two Elder Scrolls novels out there? I just found out. Been too busy lately to read them though. How's that sound for a fix?

And, David, did you know there's two Elder Scrolls novels out there? I just found out. Been too busy lately to read them though. How's that sound for a fix?

I didn't know that. That's definitely interesting, but it's also not really my thing. I have a backlog of too many classic / acclaimed books to start reading books based in the TES lore. The games are the only thing that fix my, er, fix.

I didn't know that. That's definitely interesting, but it's also not really my thing. I have a backlog of too many classic / acclaimed books to start reading books based in the TES lore. The games are the only thing that fix my, er, fix.

Eh, suit yourself. But classicness be damned, if a story or writing style doesn't immediately captivate you, and reading something starts to feel like a chore, you should just put the book down.

As for me, I'll be reading the TES books regardless whether they're good or not. Gotta satisfy my TES hard-on someho-- I mean, get a fix. Yeah.

We had a topic where we all put together a casting of a movie based on Skyrim. That was a lot of fun.

But yeah, ES games are my only fix. Not that I'd be totally against an Elder Scrolls movie, it is just that I doubt if one was made, it'd be good or do the series justice.

The only good video game movie I've seen is Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.

Edit: http://eldersouls.com/topic/2440-skyrim-movie-cast-list-suggestions/ Still makes me laugh

We had a topic where we all put together a casting of a movie based on Skyrim. That was a lot of fun.

But yeah, ES games are my only fix. Not that I'd be totally against an Elder Scrolls movie, it is just that I doubt if one was made, it'd be good or do the series justice.

The only good video game movie I've seen is Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva.

Edit: http://eldersouls.com/topic/2440-skyrim-movie-cast-list-suggestions/ Still makes me laugh

Alright, whatever, man, but ever since that ESO Cinematic Trailer came out, I'm all for a movie. I want a film, dammit. And I figured those impossible acrobatics executed by the nightblade could be explained as him having Nocturnal's blessings, so no worries.

Oh, and I checked the thread out. I thought about it long and hard. I vote Jim Carrey as Sheogorath.

...And nobody's worthy enough to play Serana.