Skyrim texture problem (LOD)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Thelsaa

Thelsaa

So I've recently been having a very frustrating problem with Skyrim. Textures for most parts of the game load fine (playing on High settings), but for most armour (both mine and NPC) it looks blurry and under detailed. However, my gauntlets and dragon priest mask do look normal. The problem also occurs in every loading screen, if it is for example an image of a troll, the troll looks horrible and without detail whatsoever. I've looked far and wide for a solution to this, but couldn't find any. I've got the official high resolution texture pack, that does nothing. I know for a fact that I used to have those textures, please help me.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Have you tried re-installing the texture pack? You should be able to delete it from "Data Files" in the launch windows. After that, you'll need to re-verify the game through Steam to have the files installed again.

Thelsaa

Thelsaa

I actually only installed the texture pack because I hoped it would fix the problem, it's not what's causing it.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

It sounds like you used a mod that overwrote the texture files. Have you used anything other than the high-res texture pack? You're probably going to have to re-install the game cleanly either way. 

Thelsaa

Thelsaa

I've never used mods with skyrim, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com