Photo

Nord vs. Argonian tanks

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

irons

irons

• 428 Posts
I guess now we can compare all races with each other.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts
My plan was to go with a Highelf DK Tank/DPS and the racials support that really well.Because:The boost 1 of the 3 weapon sets which I plan to useMost of my abilities will be magicka basedand most of my damage will be fire dmg.

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts

Well, and hear me out on this point.

Argonians are fish, fish make bad tanks.

DeathclawSlayer

DeathclawSlayer

• 42 Posts

LIZARDS!!! WTH SCALES!!!! LIKE DRAGONS!!!

Soaks

Soaks

• 46 Posts

My plan was to go with a Highelf DK Tank/DPS and the racials support that really well.Because:The boost 1 of the 3 weapon sets which I plan to useMost of my abilities will be magicka basedand most of my damage will be fire dmg.

After seeing the racials I've now decided on Orc. I guess you could pick any of the AD races. There doesn't seem to be a clear winner for tanking in AD, it would depend on playstyle, as you said.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

After seeing the racials I've now decided on Orc. I guess you could pick any of the AD races. There doesn't seem to be a clear winner for tanking in AD, it would depend on playstyle, as you said.

I really like the ultimate of the orcs and the other racials are also really nice for a tank but I don't like the look of orcs.

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts

LIZARDS!!! WTH SCALES!!!! LIKE DRAGONS!!!

fish

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

If you plan on playing a PvE tank and like to feel a bit unique and important; then you should *seriously* consider rolling in the Aldmeri Dominion. My guess is that they will have a serious lack of tanks. A vast majority of all Altmers will be light armor casters, the majority of all bosmer will go archery and the majority of all khajiit will be sneaky melee dps. On the PvE side you don't compete with races from the other factions anyway. Dungeons will be locked and tuned to one faction only...

The Ebonheart Pact have two tank options (Argonian and Nord) and Daggerfall have one (Orsimer). 

All three factions will probably have healers (Altmer, Argonians and Brenton) - although Argonians does not really make better healers once restoration staff is maxed out (still, the XP bonus to restoration staff will bring healers to the faction). Argonians might actually make great templars (as they have mostly 12m pbaoe heals and buffs) since they on average will be closer to the action and might need to self heal now and then (taking advantage of that healing received buff).

Tidezen

Tidezen

• 3 Posts

What, you've never heard of a fish tank?   :teehee:

ablueman

ablueman

• 4 Posts

I think Orc will be best for tanking. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com