Blood on Ice won't Start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Beigarth

Beigarth

So I can't acces this quest. I might have entered at night earlier before and the thing at the graveyard might of happened, but for some reason the guards attacked me so I left, when I came back I wasn't paying attention to that quest because I didn't know about it yet. I've finished the main questline and the civil war one, Ulfric is still Jarl, but the person to buy the house from then told me I couldn't. So I looked into it and found this quest. I've done some research, and well I pickpocketed the key to the house and took the evidence, Viola won't talk to me still. (I should add that I killed the owner of the orphanage before I tried this quest.) I'm pretty much stuck and it's a little bit annoying.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

It is a pretty buggy quest, even after the updates.

If you left the city with Ulfric, the Civil War quests won't affect it.  There are some pre-reqs to start the quest, which include visiting the city at least 4 times and these following conditions.

[*]Enter Windhelm through the main gate, docks, or fast traveling between 7pm - 7am. This triggers the graveyard scene.
    [*]Tova Shatter-Shield and Arivanya need to be alive.
    [/list]

If Hjerim's lock is "key required", you haven't met these requirements. Otherwise the lock will be a normal master lock. I'm just mentioning all this because it jumped to my mind when you said you had to steal the key to the house.

Viola also isn't a part of the quest until you've done several steps, so it's not alarming she won't respond yet. After the murder scene (which you may or may not have seen, but check the way I mentioned above), Jorleif starts the quest.

It is a pretty buggy quest, even after the updates.

If you left the city with Ulfric, the Civil War quests won't affect it.  There are some pre-reqs to start the quest, which include visiting the city at least 4 times and these following conditions.

[*]Enter Windhelm through the main gate, docks, or fast traveling between 7pm - 7am. This triggers the graveyard scene.
    [*]Tova Shatter-Shield and Arivanya need to be alive.
    [/list]

If Hjerim's lock is "key required", you haven't met these requirements. Otherwise the lock will be a normal master lock. I'm just mentioning all this because it jumped to my mind when you said you had to steal the key to the house.

Viola also isn't a part of the quest until you've done several steps, so it's not alarming she won't respond yet. After the murder scene (which you may or may not have seen, but check the way I mentioned above), Jorleif starts the quest.

What should I do then if Tova is mourning, but also Jorleif won't let me start the quest? I'm sorry for all the trouble...it's just really irritating.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Did you check the lock to see if you completed the pre-reqs? If so and the quest has initiated, what step are you on in your journal?

well there isn't a lock to pick, and the thing is, the quest isn't on my journal...I can't find a way to start it.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

well there isn't a lock to pick, and the thing is, the quest isn't on my journal...I can't find a way to start it.

If there isn't a normal lock you haven't completed the pre-reqs I posted above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com