Rotten Tomatoes is Absolute Garbage

David

I swear I can load up a random movie and no matter what pops up I will have the exact opposite opinion with the RT "critics."

Their system is god-awful. Compile a few reviews from " professional critics" (they count any schmoe who has a fucking blog and I've been directed to sites with a 5,000,000+ alexa ranking), have some underpaid intern mark the review as "fresh" or "rotten" and then compile this ranking into a percentage. Do you have any idea how fail that is?

1. The critics are idiot nobodies who half the time post their shit just to go against popular opinion. There are almost no legit critics on RT.

2. When reviews are marked rotten/fresh, it's completely subjective. I've read several reviews that have been positive only to be marked "rotten."

3. You take a review that either A ) has no scale and give it one, or B ) has a scale and fuck it down to binary (rotten/fresh).

4. You take the above screwed-beyond-all-reason review ratings and then put it into a pool and make ANOTHER scale, this time based on percentage.

There is extreme genre bias, see anything related to Pixar/Disney vs.  something polarizing like thrillers.

Don't know why everyone just doesn't use IMBD.

The same goes for literature;

I prefer gore and blood, lots of sex and lots of humor in my literature or the movies I watch

The critics make you believe everything you see or read should have some kind of 'message?', some moral? fuck that, to be honest, I watch movies and read for my pleasure, not for education.