Photo

ESO: Templar, Mage, Armor, Weapon Skills Leaked

* * * * * 1 votes ESO Elder Scrolls Online ESO Beta

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Kenan

Kenan

Yet another extremely helpful post.

Please, when this game comes out, make dungeon and raid guides!  I'm liking the promptness.  I promise, I'll read them. ;)

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

kyle

kyle

so to recap you have 2 weapon skills 3 active skills and one ultimate. how many passives can u have?as many as u want?

R4VID

R4VID

So when will we get tier II, III, IV and up versions of each class listed? I really want to plan my characters.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Kyle--  You get to choose 5 skills and one ultimate. You choose your 5 active skills from race/weapon/armor/guild/soul/class(x3 trees)/vampirism/lycanthropy/etc.etc.. You choose your ultimate out of the ones that have ultimates to choose from (everthing besides race, weapons, armors.)

R4VID-- Because you're able to "morph" the abilities each time you rank them up it makes it hard to say exactly what your character will end up as, no matter how much starting-planning you do. But, look at the thread "Min/Max Combos (Very Early Theorycraft)" for character ideas for now if you want. I doubt we'll get much more information on later morphs until the full game's released...

Based on what I've seen of morphs though, it really looks like you'll be able to get what you want (either more nuke, dot, utility, etc.) out of pretty much any skill in the game, so your original choices only matter slightly.

pepito

pepito

are you sure that staves will cost magicka to use?

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

Yes

ghost5689

ghost5689

• 131 Posts

how long does force siphon last?

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

how long does force siphon last?

20 sec

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

If i choose to be a templar and want the nova ultimate ability can i only spend skill points in that section untill rank 12. If not can you have more than one ultimate ability.Also if I wear one piece of each armor could i use each their active abilities?

Only one ultimate.

To slot Nova you first need to advance you Dawn's Wrath skill line rank to 12.

You advance your Dawn's Wrath skill line rank by having Dawn's Wrath active skills on your hot bar (such as Sun Fire which is the first you unlock... and at Dawn's Wrath rank 4 you can buy and slot Solar Flare). 

Once you have Dawn's Wrath skill line rank 12 you can buy and slot Nova as you ultimate ability.

Yes if you have at least one piece of an armor type then you can use the active skill (if you have it slotted)

There are 7 armor pieces in total.

You might want to wear at least 5 pieces of one armor type for the 5-piece passive.

This is all speculation on my part, but you can probably spend skill points anywhere you want. Nova is just unlocked at 12, meaning you can probably get it whenever you want following that point provided you have the means to invest in it.

Just to be clear; The ability "Nova" is unlocked at Dawn's Wrath rank 12.

Not character level 12.

You need to spend at least one skill point in Sun Fire and slot it on your hot bar and let it stay on your hot bar long enough for your Dawn's Wrath to increase to 12 (and/or to rank 4 at which point you can spend a skill point to unlock Solar Flare and you can slot Solar Flare on your hotbar to keep level up your Dawn's Wrath rank).

Since i am most likely going to be a templar with mainly the dawns light skill tree. Which armor should i use light or medium considering i will be dual wielding and when i get to rank 15 will add in a destruction staff? 

When you switch to destruction staff at character level 15 you will still have rank 1 in the Restoration Staff skill line. To level the Restoration Staff skill line you have to actually wield the Restoration Staff. The Restoration Staff skill line rank will not advance while you dual wield.

Do i have to be weilding a restoration staff to have focus siphon slotted?

No. But Force Siphon will be grayed out if you don't have a Restoraton Staff in your hands (so basically yes - you basically have to wield a Restoration Staff to have Focus Siphon slotted on your hot bar). Force Siphon also require rank 50 in Restoration Staff so you will have to wield Restoration Staff for a very long time before you unlock this active ability.

so to recap you have 2 weapon skills 3 active skills and one ultimate. how many passives can u have?as many as u want?

No, you can have up to 5 active skills. There are active skills in the weapon skill lines, armor skill lines, class skill lines (3 of them), mage guild skill line, fighters guild skill line etc etc..... When you use the weapon switch you get a new hot bar. So you can slot 5 other (or same) skills more suited for this weapon. This mean you can have 5 abilities suited for long range combat while you wield a long range weapon and then 5 other abilities suited for melee combat when you weapon switch to a melee range weapon.

You can have one ultimate skill (pretty sure it does not change when you weapon switch). You can also have one potion.

There is no limit to the number of passives you can have, but most passives only benefit you if you wear the armor it give passives for or have class skills the passives are for. Some might benefit you though... like wielding a restoration staff give a templar bonus to his templar actives (but templar actives and passives does not benefit restoration staff actives).

All class abilities cost magicka. All restoration staff abilities cost magicka. All destruction staff abilities cost magicka.

light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, dual wield, two hand, bow and one hand and shield abilities all cost stamina.

blocking, sprinting, moving while sneaking, dodging etc all cost stamina

all 3 resources seem to deplete quite fast and regenerate fast as well. even at high levels.

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Only one ultimate.

To slot Nova you first need to advance you Dawn's Wrath skill line rank to 12.

You advance your Dawn's Wrath skill line rank by having Dawn's Wrath active skills on your hot bar (such as Sun Fire which is the first you unlock... and at Dawn's Wrath rank 4 you can buy and slot Solar Flare). 

Once you have Dawn's Wrath skill line rank 12 you can buy and slot Nova as you ultimate ability.

Yes if you have at least one piece of an armor type then you can use the active skill (if you have it slotted)

There are 7 armor pieces in total.

You might want to wear at least 5 pieces of one armor type for the 5-piece passive.

Just to be clear; The ability "Nova" is unlocked at Dawn's Wrath rank 12.

Not character level 12.

You need to spend at least one skill point in Sun Fire and slot it on your hot bar and let it stay on your hot bar long enough for your Dawn's Wrath to increase to 12 (and/or to rank 4 at which point you can spend a skill point to unlock Solar Flare and you can slot Solar Flare on your hotbar to keep level up your Dawn's Wrath rank).

When you switch to destruction staff at character level 15 you will still have rank 1 in the Restoration Staff skill line. To level the Restoration Staff skill line you have to actually wield the Restoration Staff. The Restoration Staff skill line rank will not advance while you dual wield.

No. But Force Siphon will be grayed out if you don't have a Restoraton Staff in your hands (so basically yes - you basically have to wield a Restoration Staff to have Focus Siphon slotted on your hot bar). Force Siphon also require rank 50 in Restoration Staff so you will have to wield Restoration Staff for a very long time before you unlock this active ability.

No, you can have up to 5 active skills. There are active skills in the weapon skill lines, armor skill lines, class skill lines (3 of them), mage guild skill line, fighters guild skill line etc etc..... When you use the weapon switch you get a new hot bar. So you can slot 5 other (or same) skills more suited for this weapon. This mean you can have 5 abilities suited for long range combat while you wield a long range weapon and then 5 other abilities suited for melee combat when you weapon switch to a melee range weapon.

You can have one ultimate skill (pretty sure it does not change when you weapon switch). You can also have one potion.

There is no limit to the number of passives you can have, but most passives only benefit you if you wear the armor it give passives for or have class skills the passives are for. Some might benefit you though... like wielding a restoration staff give a templar bonus to his templar actives (but templar actives and passives does not benefit restoration staff actives).

All class abilities cost magicka. All restoration staff abilities cost magicka. All destruction staff abilities cost magicka.

light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, dual wield, two hand, bow and one hand and shield abilities all cost stamina.

blocking, sprinting, moving while sneaking, dodging etc all cost stamina

all 3 resources seem to deplete quite fast and regenerate fast as well. even at high levels.

Great summary of a lot of things at once!  :) I've never seen an ultimate change when the bars are swapped, so I believe that you'll only be able to equip one ultimate ability.. but I haven't looked at it much while watching videos.

The Light armor active ability currently costs MP not ST, was this an accident or are you sure this is true?

And, are you sure you need to have 1+ piece(s) of the armor to use the active? I was under the impression that we could use any of them as long as we unlocked that active.

Xenon

Xenon

• 112 Posts

Light armor and heavy armor active costing stamina was an assumption on my part. Make a lot of sense that Light armor cost magicka i guess... You know this for a fact or are you guessing (like I did? :))

Personally I have not seen the magicka cost of the Light and Heavy ability in any of the leaked videos i've watch so far.

I do know Evasion in medium armor cost stamina (and rather a lot at that, in the video I saw it cost 72 stamina for a 25% dodge chance that last 20 seconds).

Yes. I am pretty sure I can confirm you need to wear at least one armor slot of the armor type to use the active skill. Can't recall from where right now. The Quakecon video maybe?

ghost5689

ghost5689

• 131 Posts

Are dawn's wrath abilities considered fire or just magic abilities?

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

That would be a wet dream of mine. I've always assumed that they won't be, but I don't think we'll find out until beta unless a source leaks it..but that's kinda unlikely at this point.

yerion

yerion

• 48 Posts

I think only Sunfire has an fire damage dot, while the tooltips of other abilities only say magic damage.

The sunfire tooltip says:

- deals 11 magic damage and an additional 9 fire damage over 5s

- snares 40% for 5s

But it could be that whoever made the tooltips does not know what he is talking about.

ghost5689

ghost5689

• 131 Posts

lol very true XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ESO, Elder Scrolls Online, ESO Beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com