Power-Leveling after Patch 1.9

Unknown ProbLem

I've noticed a decent chunk of people have been searching with "Power-Leveling after Patch 1.9" and similar queries. I'd change your title to something like that to maximize the hits.

You could also just link to the article with all of the patch changes; having that long list at the top might discourage some readers. 

Good work.

PS: Chuckled at Brodo Swaggins reference.

I've heard of another method.

Get 100 illusion. Buy the Harmony spell, or obtain it through the College of Winterhold quest you get for getting level 100 illusion.

Reset your Illusion skill to Legendary. Cast Harmony in the middle of Whiterun. About 9 casts of this should boost you to level 100 again. Rinse and repeat.

This thread has been getting a lot of hits since the title change. Most people seem to be searching for specific ways to power-level after the patch, so one suggestion I have is to change the formatting of the different methods. For example, instead of just having "Method 4" bolded and/or underlined, use the h2 bbcode. You should also sub-title the methods based on what they are. For example...

Preceding Paragraph[h2]Power-Leveling with Fortify Restoration Potions[/h2]General paragraph goes here.

I just mentioned Brodo Swaggins because he's a news bot, so there's no need to reference him (or me, really). I'd just put a single link to the article at the top of the guide.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone is still updating and keeping up, but another way I found to be fast and easy is the sneak leveling trick.Get a horse (I always just buy the one from the Whiterun Stables for 1000 gold) and corner him. Get a weapon (iron dagger works best) and get in sneak mode and just go crazy. Takes me about 2 minutes to go from 15-50 and then about 9-10 minutes for 100. I get about 1-2 overall levels each time I Legendary it. For it to work best for me is to always add the first point in sneak (Stealth) so you don't have to wait as long if at all before becoming hidden again. When the horse's health gets low just wait an hour. I usually wait at sneak levels 50, 80, 90 and again before I start.I didn't come up with this someone else did but I don't know who.Hope it helps.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually forgot about that glitch but i actually found something in return for you. I'd like to personally thank you in return, I am flattered that you made an account for the sole intent to thank me. If there is anything you need help with or something, please, let me know.

TESV - Skyrim - Speechcraft Powerleveling 1-100 (After patch 1.9):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-yh3Znb7KM

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Thanks for the guide, this is great. Here is something I tried (and it worked) to level speech to 100 in 10 minutes for 1 gold (PS3, not tested on XBOX360).

1. Use the Fortify Restoration glitch to create a potion over 1,000,000%. Use it to create (2) fortify enchanting potions (mine are about 1,700,000% each).

2. Go to an Enchanting Table with (1) ring of any type and use one of your newly crafted Super Fortify Enchanting potions to create a Super Smithing Ring (if you can add two enchantments, do an alchemy enchantment here too... Good ring to have around, so you don't need to do the fortify enchanting loop every time).

3. Go to a forge and create some armor, something badass, like Daedric Armor. Put on the ring created in step 2 and improve that bad boy at a workbench as much as you can.

4. Go back to the Enchanting Table and suck down that last Fortify Enchanting potion. With a Black or Grand Soul Gem, add a Fortify Sneak enchantment to the armor created in step 3. If your enchanting is high enough, the sneak boost enchanted on the armor should have a negative value, and the armor's value should now also be negative (this is important).

5. Go to any vendor. SAVE THE GAME (just in case). The vendor I used was Enthir at the College of Winterhold (in the Hall of Attainment).

6. Crouch, wait until hidden, and "pickpocket" the armor into the merchant's inventory (you will see that the skill required is "0% to steal/place").

7. Buy the armor from the vendor. Because the value of the item is floored at zero during transactions, you should only pay 1 gold for it, but your speech skill should jump to 100.

Boom, 100 Speech. Go Legendary and repeat with ease. If you repeat, be sure to reequip the armor, if you used it to sneak during step 6 before placing it in the merchant's inventory. Not patched as of this post.

You can also use the Super Smithing Ring from my previous post to instantly raise your smithing to 100 (which you may have noticed when you improved the armor in step 3 above). Just improve any item while wearing it and boom, 100 smithing.

If you also added Fortify Alchemy to the ring in my previous post, equip it and create anything at an apothecary table. This should instantly raise that skill to 100 as well.

Go "Legendary" on each skill (resetting them to 15) and repeat to level up quickly. You will go up about 3 levels until you get to 90 or so, then you will only level up 2 notches.