Site Width

David

Site Width  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer this site to be full or fixed width?

• Fixed Width (same regardless of screen size) - Current
    • Full Width (takes up your entire screen)

If anyone wants to know what "full width" looks like...

[*]Visit this page (or anywhere on this site) with Chrome.
      [*]This can also be done in Firefox. I'll put additional FF directions as a sub-bullet.

[*]Move your mouse out over the Skyrim background image. [*]Right click and select "Inspect Element" [*] Click on <div id="wrapper">...</div>

[*]If using Firefox you'll have to hit the '+' button to the left of <body> to see the <divid="wrapper">...</div> [*]Now, in Firefox, hit the "Style" button on the bottom-right.

[*]Look over on the right-hand side of the toolbox and find #wrapper { [*]Click on "980px" after width and type in "90%" (or something around there).

Here's an image since my directions may or may not make sense... Click to enlarge it.

Posted Image

The width of the page is now dependent on your screen size. It probably won't change much unless your screen is 1080p. If it shrinks, disregard, because I would put the width it is currently as the minimum.

If anyone wants to know what "full width" looks like...

1. Start chrome and go to eldersouls.com. This can also be done in Firefox.

Well, there goes my opportunity.

Just kidding, I started using Chrome.

EDIT: Say, I like the full width layout. Won't matter too much to me whether we change or not, but I definitely vote for full width.

Well, there goes my opportunity.

Just kidding, I started using Chrome.

EDIT: Say, I like the full width layout. Won't matter too much to me whether we change or not, but I definitely vote for full width.

It can be done in any browser. I added directions for Firefox since it's almost identical.

IE, as in most matters, is a complete cluster-fuck regarding this sort of thing. I won't waste my time giving directions; instead, if anyone here actually uses it (doubtful), please stop.