The Blades Are Incompetent Failures

David

The Blades are a pathetic bunch of do-nothing losers who have failed every one of their tasks since their order's inception. Think about it.

Oblivion

Completely fail in every possible task. Tiber Septim is slain right in the middle of like six of them by one level 4 assassin. They can't locate his heir, so the main character has to. After being delivered their new Emperor they proceed to get attacked; the fortress they've spent like 500 years building for one purpose is overwhelmed in minutes and Septim only survives because of the player.

Septim v2.0 dies within a few in-game hours of being delivered to their capable hands.

0/10 for actually hindering everything they were involved in.

Skyrim

There's only two left in the entire order, and they're both bumbling incompetents. Delphine, despite somehow having this reputation as a bad-ass, does literally nothing during the entire game. She won't even do simple fetch-quests and makes you go in to take out simple bandits to get Esbern.

Oh, Esbern. His only redeeming quality is somehow memorizing thousands of line of historic text that is of no practical use. Yeah, the world is ending and the Blades desperately need combat capabilities, but why don't I just stand here and tell you the history of this stone wall with three different voices?

After doing literally everything for them the entire game, they throw a hissy fit and refuse to talk to you if you refuse to kill Paarthurnax, who up to that point has helped the Blade's cause more than the Blades.

Emperor is killed. Again.

1/10 because Esbern sounds like Shaun Connery.

Daggerfall: They didn't do much, but then again, you couldn't join them. They were just doing their jobs.

6/10

Morrowind: Their quests were part of the main quest, and thus, you had to join them. They were actually cool people who did what they were supposed to.

8/10 because killing any of their members causes you to fail the main quest.

This topic looks extremely familiar.....

Meh, I was 75% of the way done with this thread before I thought about the old one I made. The other is more or less just me pointing out that they are useless in Skyrim. This thread examines their entire usefulness up to this point in the series.

Overall I give them a 3/10.

Daggerfall: They didn't do much, but then again, you couldn't join them. They were just doing their jobs.

6/10

Morrowind: Their quests were part of the main quest, and thus, you had to join them. They were actually cool people who did what they were supposed to.

8/10 because killing any of their members causes you to fail the main quest.

Why would they get a 6/10 if they didn't really do much? 

I never played Morrowind, so I can't really comment, but I'm sure the Emperor had to die in the middle of thirty of them. It's just what happens.