Photo

The Best Video Game Music of All Time

Top Lists The Best Video Game Themes Music

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

.:Spoogan:.

• 78 Posts

*listens to FFX sound tracks; remembers the jaw dropping cut sceens; Memories come pouring back in a surge of emotion comparable to the waves in 2012 movie *

"No Tidus come back!"

"Screw you Wakka and your spiked hair"

"o shit Rikku is kinda hot <3"

"BLITZBALL <3 <3 <3"

"lul final boss was easy"

"stupid seymour, WHY, WON'T, YOU, DIE!"

"haha Kimahri is a kitty"

THE FEELS ;_;

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

I'm looking to expand the list to about 15 or so. I have a few from the night I made this that I didn't have time to add, but I also want suggestions so I don't have to do this again. Uncharted, Halo, etc, etc.

Shadow of the Colossus

Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2)

Tecmo Koei hack n' slash games (Dynasty Warriors, Fist of the North Star, etc.)

Cave Story

Sonic Adventure (1 & 2)

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

excuse me you missed out halo, that soundtrack won awards

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

excuse me you missed out halo, that soundtrack won awards

Yeah, it's one that I'm going to add. Didn't have it originally due to time constraints at 3am when I was typing this. ;)

It will probably be the new 7th.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

Yeah, it's one that I'm going to add. Didn't have it originally due to time constraints at 3am when I was typing this. ;)

It will probably be the new 7th.

well as long as its up there

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Updated it to reflect my daily changes and whims.

[*]Added Halo at #7.
    [*]FFX now #1 (also added Yuna's Theme).
    [*]FF7 now #2, and...
    [*]Zelda now #3 (blasphemy?)
    [/list]

Still considering SotC. Also, thoughts on UC3? Main theme is good, not so sure about the rest. 

I had a full counter-argument already prepared for what I thought was Blake's inevitable flame about TF2 or Minecraft or something. Not sure if I'm disappointed or glad.

• 78 Posts

I'm thinking I need to replay FFX when I get back home 

angry argonian

angry argonian

MG2 then TES. I said it so get mad @ me if you will.

angry argonian

angry argonian

So out of this masterful list the only song you actually listened to was the one you knew? That's just lame. Skyrim has a good main theme but compared to the other games I listed it's only one good track; can't say I remember any others and I just played it.

I actually have a few games that I left out for time's sake last night, but that wasn't even in the top 10. I don't remember a single song from it, which is pretty damning. Maybe you could link me to your favorite?

Ahh, there are so many I love, especially the City Gates

and the Far Horizons

I also like Jerall Mountains

but it's from Oblivion and Morrowind too.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Ahh, there are so many I love, especially the City Gates and the Far Horizons  I also like Jerall Mountains but it's from Oblivion and Morrowind too.

Yeah, those are definitely fantastic tracks. I might have been too critical when I said that TES games are generally only notable for their main themes. I suppose I just meant that, relative to Zelda and a few of the Final Fantasy games, I can't really justify moving them even higher.

4th is still a great ranking. With that said, I still think that if the average gamer listened to a random track that wasn't the game's main theme, they'd have a better chance of recognizing a Zelda/FF score.

angry argonian

angry argonian

Yeah, those are definitely fantastic tracks. I might have been too critical when I said that TES games are generally only notable for their main themes. I suppose I just meant that, relative to Zelda and a few of the Final Fantasy games, I can't really justify moving them even higher.

4th is still a great ranking. With that said, I still think that if the average gamer listened to a random track that wasn't the game's main theme, they'd have a better chance of recognizing a Zelda/FF score.

I understand you perfectly on that. Me, on the other hands, wasn't one of the lucky ones who grew up with the FF series, so I'm not as inclined to their music (but I still think they are beautiful). I would probably rate Zelda as a tie with #2 (MG2), with a close 3rd by Final Fantasy series. 

MG2 then TES. I said it so get mad @ me if you will.

I am also sorry to anyone that got the wrong idea from this. I didn't want to sound offensive, I just wnated to say that if anyone wanted to argue or get mad about my idea, they can. Just a shout out to people who go the wrong message. 

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

I am also sorry to anyone that got the wrong idea from this. I didn't want to sound offensive, I just wnated to say that if anyone wanted to argue or get mad about my idea, they can. Just a shout out to people who go the wrong message. 

If you read some of our other posts, you will find out were not easily offended ;) dont worry haha

angry argonian

angry argonian

If you read some of our other posts, you will find out were not easily offended ;) dont worry haha

Yeah, I guess it's just the overcautious side of me saying "These people might get all mad at me, so I should be nicer." But I'm glad you're not! Some people on YouTube....  

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Yeah, I guess it's just the overcautious side of me saying "These people might get all mad at me, so I should be nicer." But I'm glad you're not! Some people on YouTube....  

I've actually been somewhat disappointed that the more debate-able articles haven't had much controversy. It's always good for a debate, or a laugh, if nothing else. In the last year or so I can only recall one person completely losing their shit in the comments.

I do appreciate the input, even if it's not in agreement with what I've said.

DovahkiinDemon

DovahkiinDemon

• 75 Posts

Damn straight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com