No Raids in ESO

Via this IGN article...

There are no raids, after all – “That’s not Elder Scrolls,” says Game Director Matt Firor – but there are four-man dungeons and three-faction open PvP with sieges in the beleaguered province of Cyrodiil.

Lame, if true. I suppose there's a chance IGN either misunderstood or that they're planning to release such capability at a later date.

• 6 months later...

I think there is going to be content for 24 player groups. The Qaukecon video showed a glimpse of the 'looking for group' feature and there was options for 4/ 24 player.

Would it be too farfetched to suggest cross faction raiding? Ok, in Cyrodil we are kicking each other's butt, right? But why not join forces to get our souls back from Malag Bal? From my perspective i think i'll get bored of just doing dungeons with the same 2 races all the time.

Guys please don't be too harsh on me for suggesting this. I have never played any Elder Scrolls game before, so know little of the history between the races. I was just putting this point forward from a neutral gamer's perspective.

There raids are called adventure zones, those zones will have instances for 24 man groups.

However they said that they aren't sure if there will be adventures zones in the game at lunch.

No, it will probably not be released until dinner :D

Jokes aside tho, the Adventure Zones will be raids, they are just anal about not calling it by that name.. But personally i think its quite a low-prio issue over at Zenimax - i think they're focusing aaloot about PvP instead of PvE.

Raids are an important part of the endgame in any MMO if they don't have it at release they will have around 6 weeks to implement it after that they will lose a huge part of their players.

I think raids are very important to some players, true, but its not fair to say its a huge part of their player base. I play several MMORPGs and seldom raid. Yet I do a lot of pvp. Sounds to me like ESO will make pvp a bigger (main) part of the endgame. Which I think is great because I am sick of the WoW model of progression raids as the be-all end-all of the endgame.