Diplomatic Immunity Dungeons

Guest Dylan

Question

Guest Dylan

I am on diplomatic immunity on the part where ur in the dungeons and u free the guy kill the guards and look for info on dragons, and I need the key for the trao door but no one has it and I accidentally killed the prisoner, people say that malborn comes down with guards who hav the key but he hasnt come down im really stuck I hav searched all the guards but no key :(

3 answers to this question

You need to first "learn" about Esbern to trigger the quest to update, including Malborne's part.

[*]Pretend to be an interrogator and order the prisoner to repeat what he told the Thalmor. [*]Release the prisoner and ask if he has any useful information. [*]Open the chest and read the documents inside.

It sounds like the chest  is the only option for you. Open it and find a book called "Thalmor Dossier: Esbern". Once you read that, the quest should update, and hopefully Malborne will be triggered. One of the guards that accompanies him has the key.