My assassin build

Jake

This weekend, I was planning on starting a new character with an assassin build, and I was wondering what you guys thought of my build.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/80033

Also, I was wondering:

What race should I be? (Breton for general magic resistance, Orc for Berserker Rage assassinations, Dark Elf to offset vampire fire weakness)

What gender should I be? (Females get more out of the Agent of Dibella bonus, males run faster and are more immersive to play as, since I am a guy)

What should my Magicka/Health/Stamina ratio be? Magicka is for illusion spells, health is if I get caught, and stamina is for my bow.

Your perk calculator link doesn't work.

What race should I be? (Breton for general magic resistance, Orc for Berserker Rage assassinations, Dark Elf to offset vampire fire weakness)

Race bonuses are pretty negligible. 

What gender should I be? (Females get more out of the Agent of Dibella bonus, males run faster and are more immersive to play as, since I am a guy)

"Immersive" would be the main thing above everything else for me (and the whole quasi-warrior-god as a female doesn't really do it for me), but I can't speak for you. I do know that speed isn't based on male/female though, it's based on the height of the race you are (and probably pretty small too).

What should my Magicka/Health/Stamina ratio be? Magicka is for illusion spells, health is if I get caught, and stamina is for my bow.

As someone who had a mage as his main character, magicka is useless. You never have enough unless you enchant armor to eliminate the need for it completely, and at that point your base pool may as well be 0. Invest in stamina until you feel you have enough for however many moves you do in combat, then stop and put everything else into health. Health is the most important.

"Immersive" would be the main thing above everything else for me (and the whole quasi-warrior-god as a female doesn't really do it for me), but I can't speak for you. I do know that speed isn't based on male/female though, it's based on the height of the race you are (and probably pretty small too).

As someone who had a mage as his main character, magicka is useless. You never have enough unless you enchant armor to eliminate the need for it completely, and at that point your base pool may as well be 0. Invest in stamina until you feel you have enough for however many moves you do in combat, then stop and put everything else into health. Health is the most important.

I know that speed depends on height, but this was referring more to Bretons. Male bretons are taller than female bretons.

And yeah, I have a hard time imagining the ultimate warrior as a female as well, but I didn't want to say so because the community seems to think I'm a misogynist, for some reason. :tongue:

As for magicka, the main thing I plan to use it for is invisibility, and maybe a means of escape if everything goes wrong. I hear 200-250 magicka should be enough for this. Are you sure I should do the magicka reducing trick instead? I want to save those enchantment slots for other things.

Hold on, I'll list all my perks in the next post.

Archery

Overdraw (5/5)

Eagle Eye

Steady Hand (2/2)

One Handed

Armsman (5/5)

Dual Flurry (2/2)

Smithing

Steel Smithing

Elven Smithing

Advanced Armors

Glass Smithing

Dragon Smithing

(I chose the light armor path because it requires less perks to get to Dragon weapons and armor)

Light Armor

Agile Defender (5/5)

Custom Fit

Unhindered

Wind Waker

Matching Set

Deft Movement

Sneak

Stealth (2/5)

Backstab

Deadly Aim

Assassin's Blade

Muffled Movement

Light Foot

Silent Roll

Silence

Shadow Warrior

Pickpocket

Light Fingers (1/5)

Night Thief

Extra Pockets

Alchemy

Alchemist (5/5)

Physician

Benefactor

Experimenter (3/3)

Illusion

Novice Illusion

Illusion Dual Casting

Apprentice Illusion

Adept Illusion

Expert Illusion

Animage

Kindred Mage

Quiet Casting

Restoration

Novice Restoration

Regeneration

Necromage

Recovery (2/2)

Avoid Death

Alteration

Novice Alteration

Apprentice Alteration

Magic Resistance (3/3)

Enchanting

Enchanter (5/5)

Insightful Enchanter

Corpus Enchanter

Extra Effect

Any perks you think I shouldn't get? Any that I should, but didn't? I was thinking about respeccing smithing and enchanting after I make the ultimate armor.

Get Rid Of...

[*]Dual Flurry (2/2) - I just experimented at the beginning, but I'm not a fan of dual wielding at all. If it's necessary for your build's combat go for it, but yeah. [*]Stealth (2/5) - Why 2/5? Better to use 1 so you can move higher in the tree. Just buff stealth with enchantments (if necessary) imo. Muffle alone makes you pretty much invisible. [*]Pickpocket - These can all be boosted easier with enchanted armor/outfits, so they're all easy cuts.
      [*]Light Fingers (1/5) [*]Night Thief [*]Extra Pockets

[*]Experimenter (3/3) - Useless since you can just look effects up here. Get Poisoner instead so potions are worth more. [*]Illusion - I'm a hater, but I think these are all useless for all builds that aren't illusion role-playing based.

[*]Novice Illusion [*]Illusion Dual Casting [*]Apprentice Illusion - spell cost reduction is always a bad perk. [*]Adept Illusion - above [*]Expert Illusion - above above [*]Animage [*]Kindred Mage [*]Quiet Casting

[*]Avoid Death - pretty meh unless you play on master/die a lot. [*]Alteration - Get rid of all of these. Magic resistance has almost no purpose at all; too few mage enemies and they rarely do anything regardless.

[*]Novice Alteration [*]Apprentice Alteration [*]Magic Resistance (3/3)

Add...

[*]Arcane blacksmith [*]Poisoner [*]Perks I listed to remove after you have everything necessary and have too many perk points left.

Okay, so I listened to all of your advice except for illusion, because I feel like it will offer great options for quick escapes and distractions.

I also got rid of all my light armor perks. I won't need protection if I'm not getting hit very often.

With these revisions, I can get all the perks I want at level 53.