Leveled Smithing

Guest Guest

Question

Since I have found no way to level smith naturally I wish to know appropriate times to build my level and forge the next set, I use heavy armor.

I would like an answer something like, ***Dwarven armor-level 10***

to signify that at level 10 you should make yourself a set of dwarven armor, I don't want to make it too  early and I don't want to make it too late, I'm thinking earlier rather then later.

3 answers to this question

Just buy iron ingots and leather strips, and smith iron daggers whenever you can. You should reach lvl 100 smithing at about lvl 30, which is when you reach lvl 100 in your primary weapon and armor skills, anyway, so you won't be making yourself too overpowered. Well, smithing is an overpowered skill in and of itself, but you get my point.

Aside from using the "Alchemy/Enchanting Loop" as it's now called, power-leveling smithing is basically a thing of the past. if you want a legitimate experience with smithing, I suggest that you take time out every couple of levels to just binge on your smithing, sell it for extra gold and craft gear appropriate. the "easy" way out is to make a single enchanted item that would in turn boost your smithing to such a high level that tempering an object would make you hit 100. you'll want to not be too geared for your adventure because while there is no level requirements, you may find yourself bored wearing daedric at 20 if you aren't a dedicated ES player.

Just good luck finding the materials and such to craft the higher leveled items to hit 100 if that is your goal. for heavy, you could stop at 90 unless you'd like Dragon weapons (not the greatest looking IMO, but they are better than daedric weapons) and you could create Daedric which should still be better than dragon plate even when tempered. Also the secret intimidate bonus that Daedric has is a nice bonus.