What is The Elder Scrolls Online?

Hello Random Citizen, 

The Elder Scrolls Online is an upcoming MMORPG  (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) based on the Elder Scrolls universe. The Elder Scrolls universe has produced famous single-player RPG's such as Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and most recently Skyrim.

In EOS, players choose a faction and a race. The factions (and the races aligned with them) are as follows...

[*]The Aldmeri Dominion
      [*]Altmer, Bosmer, Khajiit

[*]The Ebonheart Pack

[*]Breton, Orc, Redguard

[*]The Daggerfall Covenant

[*]Argonian, Dunmer, Nord

The plot of the game revolves around a war between the three factions listed above. Players will have to work together with their allies in order to overcome their enemies in both battle and quest.

Bethesda recently released a trailer in the form of a mini-movie of the war.

Also released is a video of a loremaster discussing the plot and historical background that leads to the conflicts featured in the game.

Here at ElderSouls.com, you can create an account to join in all sorts of discussions related to strategy, news, and information regarding this upcoming masterpiece. For more information and news regarding ESO, you can visit our Elder Scrolls Online article database and/or our public discussion forums. :smile:

Is this supposed to have a monthly subscription fee?

Specific price information hasn't been released yet. Could be a one-time $60 purchase or $15 monthly or something like that.

EDIT: Found that it's listed on Amazon for $60 right now. Though this could just be a placeholder (the release date is, for sure), I wouldn't mind if it was a $60 one-time purchase at all.

• Upvote 1

Specific price information hasn't been released yet. Could be a one-time $60 purchase or $15 monthly or something like that.

EDIT: Found that it's listed on Amazon for $60 right now. Though this could just be a placeholder (the release date is, for sure), I wouldn't mind if it was a $60 one-time purchase at all.

Yeah, a monthly fee would really annoy me, on top of the actual purchase, because seriously, doubt they'll give ESO away for free even if there is a monthly fee, lol. Then again, if this lives up to its hype, I'll probably pay it anyway. @_@

But yeah, a one-time fee would be awesome.

• Upvote 1