Can't Find Lydia

NoRegrets

Question

OK LADIES AND GENTLE NORDS.  WHY THE HECK CAN I NOT FIND LYDIA ANYWHERE.   I HAD HER AS A COMPANION AND SHE WAS GREAT.   BUT NOW SHES NOT FOLLOWING ME, SHES NOT IN DRAGONSREACH, SHE NOT IN BREEZEHOME.  IVE DONT THE WAIT TRANSITION FOR THREE SKYRIM DAYS AND SHES NOWHERE.  IF I FAST TRAVEL AND WAIT SHE DOES NOT SHOW UP.  THE LAST PLACE I SAW HER WAS ON THE EDGE OF THE THROAT OF THE WORLD WHILE I WAS ROCK CLIMBING UP IT INSTEAD OF TAKING THE EASY WAY.  (ITS A FREE PLAY GAME AND I MAKE THE MOST OUT OF HAVING FREE REIGN)  SHES NOT IN THE CATACOMBS.  ANY IDEA WHERE SHE IS.

3 answers to this question

She could have been killed. Try getting a different follower/companion and see if it tells you whether or not you still have one (Lydia). If you do, she's probably stuck somewhere (this can actually be bad since you might not even be able to get another follower). If you get no message and the new person joins you she's probably dead. If it says something like "Lydia went back to Breezehome" she should be awaiting you there after you send the new follower away.

• Upvote 1

Here is a list of characters available for marriage - http://eldersouls.com/_/skyrim/skyrim-guides/marriable-characters-in-skyrim-r18 . Anyone that has something listed under the "Merchant" category will still be a shop keeper when they marry and move in with you. Whether any of them are better than Lydia is debatable since it really depends what you're looking for in combat style, merchant type, etc.

• Upvote 1