Best Boss Fight in a Game

Blake

Just those fights that made you look forward to replaying the game again and again. Three come to mind at the moment.

1. Zelda Series in general has epic boss fights. The sword fights with Ganon are usually the best, so here's the most recent one.

2. Kingdom Hearts boss fights are also pretty epic, if you can tell what's going on half the time. Again, a lot too choose from, so I'll just pick one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkfqVA5dOwU

Oh. And Sephiroth.

3. And finally, MGS4 Final battle.

inb4 Shadow of the Colossus.

Edit: So do videos not embed anymore?

inb4 Shadow of the Colossus.

You've got that right.

Shadow of the Colossus-Cenobia

You start by entering a small tunnel on your horse. It isn't long before your way is blocked. You have to continue on foot. You enter an ancient city overgrown with lush wildlife. You begin exploring this city, as your sword told you to come here. When you reach the temple, you see a statue of a large lion at the top of the staircase. Except it isn't a statue. This battle requires you to use the ruins of the city to your advantage.

Dark Souls-Ornstein and Smough

You have been brought to Anor Londo so you may claim the Lordvessel for Kingseeker Frampt. You have painstakingly made your way through this dungeon. You reach the fog door, so you realize a boss battle is coming. Okay, what could it be this time? You enter, and find a gigantic pudgy man wielding a warhammer. Okay, you think, this doesn't look too hard. Then, a knight enters from the balcony. He jumps down next to his overweight pal. They both charge you. This is the ultimate test to see if you are worthy to play Part 2 of this game.

Sonic Adventure 2-Biolizard

Both factions of Hero (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles) and Dark (Shadow, Eggman, Rouge) have teamed up from stopping the destruction of the world at the hands of Eggman's uncle, Gerald Robotnik. Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow are attempting to shut off G. Robotnik's machine. However, it backfires and creates what G. called the prototype for the "Perfect Lifeform." It's a giant lizard with a contraption on its back, as part of its skin. It's truly a terrifying sight. So, what does Shadow do? He says, "Leave this one to me!" He approaches the Biolizard as Sonic and Knuckles go on ahead. You'd expect a Sonic level as he races through the space station, but you're instead playing as Shadow! The Biolizard truely put your platforming skills to the test in this ultimate battle of speed and quick thinking. (SPOILER: The true "Perfect Lifeform" is created later on as the final boss, and it's about a million times easier than the prototype, for some reason.)

Okay, I'll be honest, I HATED Ornstein and Smough and the Biolizard, but that's the reason I feel they were such good bosses. It's the best feeling when you finally beat them.

Cenobia was just plain fun, and my favorite part of all my SotC playthroughs.

How the fuck can you rank Sephiroth as a top fight... in Kingdom Hearts?! What about, I don't know, the actual game he was in? FF7? The greatest game of all time? Kingdom Hearts is just a stupid parody of something that was absolutely iconic. I mean, that mother fucker has not one... BUT TWO themes based on him as a villain alone that have appeared in multiple games and movies.

Most epic villain theme of ALL TIME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rV40ypje7o

OF ALL TIME. Hearing that 8bit music still makes me shit my pants whenever I hear it. Then people tell me about how Cloud and fucking Goofy are deyr best team evars in Kingdom Hearts.

I got off topic. Here's his other theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aED7sQK5YYI

All Nintendo bosses are overrated kiddy garbage. Bite me.

The final MGS4 fight was my least favorite one in the entire game. The one where I laid under a truck in the snow trying to snipe the running wolf was my favorite. That boss scared the fuck out of me IRL. Plus I had just purchased that sniper rifle that's a modified anti aircraft fun so using it was hilarious.

Ornstein and Smough was hard as fuck. Only boss in that game that beat me numerous times. Minus points because I lost Ornstein's armor by killing the wrong one first, though.

How the fuck can you rank Sephiroth as a top fight... in Kingdom Hearts?! What about, I don't know, the actual game he was in? FF7? The greatest game of all time? Kingdom Hearts is just a stupid parody of something that was absolutely iconic.

All Nintendo bosses are overrated kiddy garbage. Bite me.

Nothing you say matters to me anymore. I actually haven't played FF7, but mostly because turned based RPG"s aren't my thing. Actually that's a lie. I play some turn based RPG's. I just haven't played it at all. But from what I remember, isn't the Sephrioth battle in FF7 the one where you just Omnislash and you win?

Also, about embedding dem videos....

You've got that right.

Shadow of the Colossus-Cenobia

You start by entering a small tunnel on your horse. It isn't long before your way is blocked. You have to continue on foot. You enter an ancient city overgrown with lush wildlife. You begin exploring this city, as your sword told you to come here. When you reach the temple, you see a statue of a large lion at the top of the staircase. Except it isn't a statue. This battle requires you to use the ruins of the city to your advantage.

From the little I played/seen of SotC, that really wasn't a favorite for me. Maybe it was because he wasn't that big. I liked Avion better, or pretty much all of the flying ones.

Also, about embedding dem videos....

From what I can tell you're trying to embed videos with an https:// link, which won't work. The real question is why you're browsing youtube with an "https secure connection" as if Rick Astley is going to jump out of your screen and punch you in the nuts.

The real question is why you're browsing youtube with an "https secure connection" as if Rick Astley is going to jump out of your screen and punch you in the nuts.

I don't even know what that means.

And as far as the MGS4 final boss, while probably not the most exciting, it was definitely the greatest. It featured music from all 3 past MGS games while both Snake and Ocelot switched fighting positions based on other past MGS heroes and villains. Also, dat acoustic guitar finish.

The Halo 3 + 4 Finales.Not really a boss battle but as close as it gets for halo and they are soooo epic :pFifa 1-1000 boss fight.This boss fights so good you do it over and over with very slight differences!! The whole games based around this one boss fight!!CRASH BANDICOOT BOSSES!!!Oh cone on!! Was one of the first games I played :P and damn was that game fun!Gears of WarThese bosses are just visually amazing