Wii Mini, Dynasty Warriors 7, and Fist of the North Star

Jake

Posted Image

Nintendo Wii Mini

Let's start with a funny one. Although the Nintendo Wii U has already been released, Nintendo just launched a new Wii model known as the Wii Mini. It's smaller, costs $99.99, and is only going to be released in Canada. Also, it won't have Wifi or Gamecube compatibility. In other words, you'd have to be an idiot to buy this if you can spend less for a REAL Wii. What's the point? Whatever; I'm sure Nintendo has a reason.

Game Announcements

We're keeping you up to date with the latest news regarding the newest titles!

Dragon Age III
Dragon Age III has officially been revealed to be next gen. They say that they will release it in fiscal year 2014, which is fancy-shmancy talk for fall 2013-summer 2014. Let's just hope Bioware isn't too far gone by then.

Today's Game Releases
Posted Image
  • [*]Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (PC) [*]Everquest: Rain of Fear (PC) [*]Miner Wars 2081 (PC) [*]Sonic the Fighters (Xbox 360, PS3)

Moving on!

Dynasty Warriors 7 and Fist of the North Star

Tecmo Koei has recently announced the release date (February) for two games...
  • [*]Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 [*]Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

In case you haven't heard of either of these series, here's the summary of both.

Dynasty Warriors 7
In Dynasty Warriors, you play through a story Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which in turn was based on the actual Three Kingdoms war. You play the different story lines of Cao Cao, Liu Bei, and Sun Quan, and in this recent game, you also play Sima Yi's story. You fight through the different battles, killing hundreds of soldiers with your overpowered attacks. On the hardest difficulty, though, it takes some skill.

hPosted Image

The average response was the expected "Whoop-dee-doo, another Warriors game." I can understand that, though I personally enjoyed both Dynasty Warriors 7 and the original Ken's Rage. I will look into both games and probably pick them up. What about you?

Fist of the North Star
Fist of the North Star is based on the 80's manga of the same name. A nuclear apocalypse wiped out civilization in the 90's, and gangs now rule Japan. You and your brothers know an ancient style of martial arts known as Hokuto Shinken, which causes people to explode on the inside. It was said that when all the sons come of age, they will fight and the winner gets to continue to use the style. Kenshiro, the youngest, won, but when the apocalypse came the brothers decided to keep their abilities and try to save Japan. In the first game, it was shown that your older brother was behind much of your troubles with fighting off these gangs, and had also taken your wife. Therefore, he was set as the main villain. He is not exactly in the best spot to be a villain in the next game, so I wonder who will be?

Click here to view the article