Best Movies of All Time

David

I'm going to start just by listing several of my favorites in no order. After we get a decent start-up list we can start ranking them.

[*]Gladiator (probably my favorite of all time)

[*]Lord of the Rings III > II > I - Can you believe it's been... 9 years?! Insane. I'm old.

[*]Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (others sucked in comparison)

[*]The Lion King

[*]Toy Story

[*]The Sixth Sense

[*]Jurassic Park I

[*]The Silence of the Lambs

[*]The Dark Knight

[*]The Dark Knight Rises - maybe? I can't really say it after writing that article blasting it.

[*]The Green Mile

[*]The Wizard of Oz

[*]Stand By Me

[*]Braveheart

[*]Forrest Gump

[*]Fight Club

[*]Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

[*]Star Wars I-III

[*]The Shawshank Redemption

I've found my favorite movies correlate pretty well with how good their sound tracks are.

By Star Wars I-III, do you mean the original or prequel trilogy?Anyway, I thought:Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (I'm serious; I found it hilarious)Ted (Literally a laugh a minute)Curse of the Black Pearl (Was a pretty epic movie)The Matrix (Favorite action movie)Iron ManRaiders of the Lost ArkIndiana Jones and the Temple of DoomIndiana Jones and the Last CrusadeScary MovieSuperhero MovieOranges: Revenge of the EggplantKiller Klowns from Outer Space

Was that a serious question? Lol. The prequel trilogy is awful.

That's what I was thinking. I was a bit confused when you said I-III, and I was thinking, "He can't be talking about the prequel trilogy, can he?"

Also, several of your choices made me lose some faith in humanity. :sweat:

Which ones? I thought Oranges: Revenge of the Eggplant and Killer Klowns from Outer Space were so bad that they were hilarious. Superhero Movie made some great Stephen Hawking jokes. However, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure really is my favorite movie of all time. *Shields face*At least I didn't put this movie on my list:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kVrIkDW6Q

Yeah, exactly. "They're so bad they're hilarious." None of the following have any place - even in the discussion - alongside the best movies of all time. They may be funny, but they're not even decent movies.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of places like IMBD and think Rotten Tomatoes is an absolute joke for rating movies, but here are some of the ratings from there for the movies that made me sad:

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure - 6.9/10. You could argue it's decent, but one of the best ever?

Ted - 7.6/10. Decent to good. See below though.

Scary Movie - 6/10. Funny... Sometimes. horrible acting.

Superhero Movie - 4.3/10 IMBD, 16% on Rotten Tomatoes

Oranges: Revenge of the Eggplant - 6.3/10

Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 5.8/10

I mean, I guess as a general rule it's safe to say nothing from the comedy genre is ever going to be considered one of the "best" movies just because people's sense of humor varies.

The best movies are works of art that have had large impacts on society/movies in general. I just wish more people would watch classics like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure - 6.9/10. You could argue it's decent, but one of the best ever?Ted - 7.6/10. Decent to good. See below though.Scary Movie - 6/10. Funny... Sometimes. horrible acting.Superhero Movie - 4.3/10 IMBD, 16% on Rotten TomatoesOranges: Revenge of the Eggplant - 6.3/10Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 5.8/10

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is more of a cult classic. Most of the public thinks it's terrible.Ted was one of those movies that was so-so with the critics, but the common man loved it.Ok, I admit Scary Movie wasn't that great. I don't know why I threw it up there.Superhero Movie was the best in the "Movie" series, in my opinion. I don't know why the critics hated this one so much.I didn't realize we were talking about the "best" movies, I thought we were talking about our favorite movies.As for Oranges and Killer Klowns, just look at these trailers. Try to tell me they don't look like they're worth watching.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ReqrSdrBMhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHXy8DpF5k0Tell you what, here's a few more serious ones:GreaseTommyThree Idiots (This is a drama, believe it or not)Slumdog MillionareForrest Gump (How could I forget this gem?)

Haha snap on the gladiator Posted Image one of the only films to make me cry and I'm man enough to admit that.

To add to that list

Dambusters

The great escape

Shindlers list

And basically every other film that shows how great us Britons are.

By Star Wars I-III, do you mean the original or prequel trilogy?

Anyway, I thought:

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (I'm serious; I found it hilarious)

Ted (Literally a laugh a minute)

Curse of the Black Pearl (Was a pretty epic movie)

The Matrix (Favorite action movie)

Iron Man

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Scary Movie

Superhero Movie

Oranges: Revenge of the Eggplant

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Oh I almost forgot. Go jump off a cliff Posted Image
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations. You got me to post.

The Prestige- Great film where the film takes on characteristics of the magic trick the whole film is about.

The Dark Knight- The best out of the series in my opinion. Definitely sparked a lot of the Batman fan base around the internet and modern cultural.

Shawshank Redemption- One of the most classic, best story ever. And that old man killing himself is depressingly good.

Reservoir Dogs- Probably more of a personal favorite rather than a best movie of all time. Still a really good movie, especially for Quentin Tara-whats-his-name.

No Country for Old Men- Great book. Great movie.

Unbreakable- Probably not as good, but it does a nice job making the movie seem like a comic book, which is more or less what the movie is about.

Congratulations. You got me to post.

I have been rewarded 10 quest points and a platinum trophy.

The Dark Knight- The best out of the series in my opinion. Definitely sparked a lot of the Batman fan base around the internet and modern cultural.

DOES THAT MEAN YOU WATCHED RISES?!!1111one!one1!11

Haven't seen The Prestige. Since it's been mentioned a few times guess I'll have to rent it soon.

Tell you what, I guess I'll write a more serious list:GreaseForrest GumpThree IdiotsMr. Holland's OpusPee-Wee's Big AdventureThe MatrixIron ManHmm...list is a bit short. Ok, I'll list my favorite books, as well:The Lightning ThiefHowl's Moving CastleBetrayal at FaladorThe Stolen ThroneThe Erevis Cale seriesBy the way, anyone else looking forward to this movie?