Dawnguard DLC quest issues.

Guest Hevimankeli

Question

Guest Hevimankeli

Hello. I didn't really know where else to post this, so I'm hoping to find some help here...I'm having issues with the Dawnguard DLC's 'Bloodline' quest. I've found Serana and brought her to her castle, but when we arrive there (whether by fast-travelling or by boat... haven't tried swimming yet) she won't initiate the dialogue that she's supposed to (I know she's supposed to, I watched a video!). She just follows me to the gate while the grumpy watchman yells at me. I've tried waiting, killing, fast-travelling, tea-bagging, shouting, calling storms and dragons and I've opened the console and typed "ResetAI" and even tried to resurrect her and the gatekeeper, but she just talks about the weather and he still yells at me.I finished Skyrim's main quest before installing Dawnguard around a week ago, but I didn't start doing any Dawnguard quests until yesterday. I found Volkihar Castle before starting the quests, though, could this cause an issue? Or is it an issue with the Hearthfires add-on?I've tried it with and without the Ultimate Follower Overhaul -mod (I have the compatibility patch) and I have the Unofficial patches. The rest of the mods I have are mostly cosmetic mods and I don't think mods that ADD hair colors or -styles could cause the issue?I COULD use the console and the 'setstage' command. Even so, the gates will remain closed and the gatekeeper is still grumpy. If I wait after doing that, Serana somehow manages to smuggle inside, while I'm still outside. I COULD use the TCL command, but using console commands like that makes ME grumpy. I want to play the quest smoothly!I've tried searching the internet, but I haven't found anyone with a issue quite like this. I hope someone can help. :I(Also, I'm not a native English speaker, so try to use small words... :)

Get a silver platter (I got mind from blue palace entrance hall in solitude ) drop the platter then, "take it" keep hold of it so its floating about eye level. Whilst holding it sprint against gate around the middle, (took me two tries) :)