Dawnguard DLC quest issues.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Hevimankeli

Hevimankeli
Hello. I didn't really know where else to post this, so I'm hoping to find some help here...I'm having issues with the Dawnguard DLC's 'Bloodline' quest. I've found Serana and brought her to her castle, but when we arrive there (whether by fast-travelling or by boat... haven't tried swimming yet) she won't initiate the dialogue that she's supposed to (I know she's supposed to, I watched a video!). She just follows me to the gate while the grumpy watchman yells at me. I've tried waiting, killing, fast-travelling, tea-bagging, shouting, calling storms and dragons and I've opened the console and typed "ResetAI" and even tried to resurrect her and the gatekeeper, but she just talks about the weather and he still yells at me.I finished Skyrim's main quest before installing Dawnguard around a week ago, but I didn't start doing any Dawnguard quests until yesterday. I found Volkihar Castle before starting the quests, though, could this cause an issue? Or is it an issue with the Hearthfires add-on?I've tried it with and without the Ultimate Follower Overhaul -mod (I have the compatibility patch) and I have the Unofficial patches. The rest of the mods I have are mostly cosmetic mods and I don't think mods that ADD hair colors or -styles could cause the issue?I COULD use the console and the 'setstage' command. Even so, the gates will remain closed and the gatekeeper is still grumpy. If I wait after doing that, Serana somehow manages to smuggle inside, while I'm still outside. I COULD use the TCL command, but using console commands like that makes ME grumpy. I want to play the quest smoothly!I've tried searching the internet, but I haven't found anyone with a issue quite like this. I hope someone can help. :I(Also, I'm not a native English speaker, so try to use small words... :)

Remove Advertisements Create Account

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,457 Posts

I found Volkihar Castle before starting the quests, though, could this cause an issue?

Probably. Per the wiki:

Sometimes the gate to Castle does not open after the gate keeper says his line. This can occur if Castle Volkihar is discovered beforehand, although this is not proven, nor has this yet been addressed by Bethesda.

If you have already discovered Castle Volkihar, then after speaking to Serana for the first time when she is released from the sarcophagus she will automatically initiate dialogue with you that normally occurs shortly after arriving at Castle Volkihar.

The dialogue timing is bugged. I've never heard about this before this post, so I can't offer any advice through personal experience. There's no information out there on how to solve it, so your only option will probably be console commands, unfortunately. Wish I could say more.

Hevimankeli

Hevimankeli
Ah, I see. It's just that Serana didn't do anything out of the ordinary when I first met her that I didn't want to believe it was because I had found the castle... oh well. :) Thanks, at least now I find it easier to the console commands when I know the other option is to wait for the possible-maybe-future-bugfixing-patch. I think it's silly how a quest can get messed up from finding a location beforehand! I mean, the castle was huge and I could see it from a distance, how could I NOT go and investigate?!Cheers,~Hevi

Konrad

Konrad
OH MY GOSH!! THANK YOU!!!! I have been searching for like 30 mins for a solution to the exact same problem! All i have to say is THANK YOUUUUU!!!!

Nenene

Nenene
I have the same problem (I also discovered Volkihar Keep before I've started the questline) but I can't use consolecommands because I play PS3 :/ can someone help me to solve the problem without using the console?

Chris

Chris
My issue is the same on ps3 I discovered it by randomely walking around then started dawn guard quest and gatekeeper just tells me to get away from castle I tried everything what should I do??

tommy

tommy
same issue on ps3!! are they going to fix it ??

have the same issue on ps3

this is really irritating having serana follow me...  :wallbash:

FakePoser

FakePoser

Same issue here, using PS3. Need a help to fix that.

jon

jon

i didn't discover the castle beforehand and still cannot enter the keep. also on ps3

PS3, found castle which made me decide to start Dawnguard, now I can't get inside. I ended up loading an earlier save (losing two hours, not pleased) but it was already after I discovered the castle. Somebody fix it!

Stryker

Stryker

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:269964[/font] this tell you how to do it for PS3

mectram14

mectram14

I've had the same problem but I am on ps3 does any 1 have any way to help PS I've got no previous save.

Sam E

Sam E

I've had the same problem but I am on ps3 does any 1 have any way to help PS I've got no previous save.

Dawngaurd Castle Volkihar Bug Fixed :smile:

Andreas

Andreas

Hello. I didn't really know where else to post this, so I'm hoping to find some help here...I'm having issues with the Dawnguard DLC's 'Bloodline' quest. I've found Serana and brought her to her castle, but when we arrive there (whether by fast-travelling or by boat... haven't tried swimming yet) she won't initiate the dialogue that she's supposed to (I know she's supposed to, I watched a video!). She just follows me to the gate while the grumpy watchman yells at me. I've tried waiting, killing, fast-travelling, tea-bagging, shouting, calling storms and dragons and I've opened the console and typed "ResetAI" and even tried to resurrect her and the gatekeeper, but she just talks about the weather and he still yells at me.I finished Skyrim's main quest before installing Dawnguard around a week ago, but I didn't start doing any Dawnguard quests until yesterday. I found Volkihar Castle before starting the quests, though, could this cause an issue? Or is it an issue with the Hearthfires add-on?I've tried it with and without the Ultimate Follower Overhaul -mod (I have the compatibility patch) and I have the Unofficial patches. The rest of the mods I have are mostly cosmetic mods and I don't think mods that ADD hair colors or -styles could cause the issue?I COULD use the console and the 'setstage' command. Even so, the gates will remain closed and the gatekeeper is still grumpy. If I wait after doing that, Serana somehow manages to smuggle inside, while I'm still outside. I COULD use the TCL command, but using console commands like that makes ME grumpy. I want to play the quest smoothly!I've tried searching the internet, but I haven't found anyone with a issue quite like this. I hope someone can help. :I(Also, I'm not a native English speaker, so try to use small words... :)

Get a platter, or a wooden plate. Then start sprinting against the gate while holding the plate. This will glitch you through it. But it might take a few times, so just try again and again. It will most likely work if you have the plate at chest level. Last time I tried it, it only took me once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.