Skyrim Leveling STUCK!

Guest Thomas John

Question

Guest Thomas John
I've been playing Skyrim for 9 months now, finished the main quests and all of the "main" side quests and went away for a while. I came back for HearthFire and I've had a ball building houses and rescuing kids. Now I'm psyched for DawnGuard, but I have a problem. I'm at Level 57...where I've been for at least 75 hours of play time. It didn't matter because I'd gotten all the perks I wanted, have a million six in gold and wasn't looking to really improve anything. Now that I'm considering DawnGuard I want to be able to take advantage of the new skill tree, but obviously can;t if I never level up. Has anyone else seen this problem? With the exception of a few dead end radiant quests and being shut out of buying the Markarth House despite having all the criteria, I really haven't seen any other major problems in 450+ hours of play. Any suggestions? Thanks.

6 answers to this question

The level cap is something like 81 or 82, so you can definitely level up more. But at level 50, the amount of skills needed to be raised to raise a level is dramatically risen. So like Snuggle said, work on other skills.

Of course there is the alternative where you have a rare bug that completely freezes your leveling, no matter how many skills your raise. In that case, the only fix that I know of is reverting to a save before you got the level that should of rose your character's level. But, according to your pose, this may be too far back. =/

• Upvote 1

Guest thomas john

Thanks so much for the input guys, I didn't know if anybody was really out there this far into a game's existence! I definitely have been leaning on bows and stealth, so I'll try using nothing but magic for a few days and see what happens. Thanks again.

The formula for character leveling is as follows: Character XP gained = Skill level acquired

Example: Training alchemy from 20 to 21 gives 21 Character XP points XP required to level up your character = (Current level + 3) * 25

Example: 100 XP is required to advance from level 1 to level 2, and 1300 XP is required to advance from level 49 to 50. This is consistent across all levels. (70→71 follows the same formula as 3→4)

As for perks, you get a total of 80 throughout the entire game.