Hosting $$ Due Tomorrow

David

It's that time again! Hosting for the site is due every 20th. It's been 1-2 months since I've posted one of these since generous people have helped me out in previous months (Deathirst); it's always good to skip this annoyance.

I have already paid for my usual portion of the hosting, so the remaining balance we're aiming for is $10 (as always). Of course if we don't meet that goal I'm not going to fold the place over $10 and won't be very upset about paying it myself, but keep in mind I'm a poor college student. Posted Image

If you're not already a Premium Member, you can donate by purchasing a subscription (you get benefits even if you have a position such as Moderator or Content Team). If you're already Premium and/or want to donate something other than the subscription tiers, you may donate any amount here (anything under $0.40 is taken by PayPal in fees, so be wary).

Do you accept anything else than PayPal? I have my issues with it and I can't use it atm. But I would love to help out once.

Perhaps, what did you have in mind? I am willing to work with people to resolve Paypal issues as well.I could accept credit card payments, but that would raise hosting costs by about $5/month. If that's something people would be interested in I would add that ability if we break even.

Perhaps, what did you have in mind? I am willing to work with people to resolve Paypal issues as well.I could accept credit card payments, but that would raise hosting costs by about $5/month. If that's something people would be interested in I would add that ability if we break even.

Ehm, I don't own a Credit Card, I have an European Bank Account, with a Maestro logo. I'm not sure if there's anything possible with that? I'm not sure, maybe I could transfer something directly to your bank account or something?

Ehm, I don't own a Credit Card, I have an European Bank Account, with a Maestro logo. I'm not sure if there's anything possible with that? I'm not sure, maybe I could transfer something directly to your bank account or something?

You could do a bank wire to send money potentially. Alternatively, do you have a debit card? I'm confused what you meant with the Maestro logo, I know there's a debit card with the name.

I'll be able to donate like $50 or so next month. Remind me of that fact if I go AWOL again.

Are you the type of college student that gets a 2,000 check from their parents every other week? I know a few of those. ;)

You could do a bank wire to send money potentially. Alternatively, do you have a debit card? I'm confused what you meant with the Maestro logo, I know there's a debit card with the name.Are you the type of college student that gets a 2,000 check from their parents every other week? I know a few of those. ;)

Nah, but I worked a part-time job pretty much all summer, and mooched off my parents for all expenses so I have quite a bit of $$ saved up now.

htYou could do a bank wire to send money potentially. Alternatively, do you have a debit card? I'm confused what you meant with the Maestro logo, I know there's a debit card with the name.

Ehm it's an debit card I think? I use 'Ideal', maybe you can look it up. It's basicly a Dutch bank transfer service at which my bank is connected. Otherwise I'd love to click some adds for you, lol.

Ehm it's an debit card I think? I use 'Ideal', maybe you can look it up. It's basicly a Dutch bank transfer service at which my bank is connected. Otherwise I'd love to click some adds for you, lol.

Don't click the ads unless you have genuine interest in the product. Those are only displayed for guests because return visitors clicking them will get the adsense account banned. Google is very good at determining whether or not clicks are legitimate. Question - do you have any type of card at all? If Maestro/iDEAL give out debit cards (which are direct links to the bank accounts) I can just add the normal credit/debit card payment option. Alternatively, is iDEAL ONLY through your bank with no card similar to how PayPal operates (logging in on Paypal to finish payments)?

Question - do you have any type of card at all? If Maestro/iDEAL give out debit cards (which are direct links to the bank accounts) I can just add the normal credit/debit card payment option. Alternatively, is iDEAL ONLY through your bank with no card similar to how PayPal operates (logging in on Paypal to finish payments)?

Ideal is a safe service to log in on your online banking account (so it directs you to your bank account). PayPal could work for me but for some issues unknown it doesn't. Try adding the credit/debit payment option and I'll try it out! If that doesn't work, sadly someone else will have to help you :(

Ideal is a safe service to log in on your online banking account (so it directs you to your bank account). PayPal could work for me but for some issues unknown it doesn't. Try adding the credit/debit payment option and I'll try it out! If that doesn't work, sadly someone else will have to help you :(

To be clear, you DO have a debit card that goes along with your iDEAL-based account, correct? If so I'll go ahead and work on it now. I just wanted to clarify that you can't use iDEAL itself (in the log into bank online sense) with the credit/debit method.

I apologize if this is grating. Understand that my questions are intended both to help you and to set up something easy for all EU-based users in the future (where I understand credit cards/PayPal aren't as popular). Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

I normally don't use my paypal, fortunately I put enough in last month (since I was going to donate last month but I had to wait ages for the money to go in to my account.)Also just thought I'd say to everyone, that doesn't mean no one else can donate...It still useful it will mean we have that extra money for next month.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...