Dark Souls (360/PS3) - $22.99 Amazon

David

Because they over hear the conversations of people like myself, I own the game. I want more people to play it however to understand my frustration

What frustrations? I only hear people talk about the difficulty negatively, and I think that's the best part of the game. It's actually too easy IMO, I only had to do boss-fights like twice at the most, unlike Demon Souls. I think the reason most people have trouble is they don't realize how to make powerful weapons. It's never really explained or something you would know about without looking it up, but it makes the game far easier and more entertaining.

I bought this game a couple days ago on eBay, and I can honestly say that I will need a psychologist before this is finished. I have the PLATINUM TROPHY in Demon's Souls, so you would assume that I could make a smooth transition to Dark Souls, right? WRONG. This game grabbed me by the shoulders, knocked me to the ground, and began banging my head against the floor. I bought another game that same day, Borderlands, so I have been playing that until I'm ready to try again.

I bought this game a couple days ago on eBay, and I can honestly say that I will need a psychologist before this is finished. I have the PLATINUM TROPHY in Demon's Souls, so you would assume that I could make a smooth transition to Dark Souls, right? WRONG. This game grabbed me by the shoulders, knocked me to the ground, and began banging my head against the floor. I bought another game that same day, Borderlands, so I have been playing that until I'm ready to try again.

ehh I got borderlands same time i got dark souls lulz, you got ps3? if so hmu, Sgt_Miko, i've already pre-orderd borderlands2 collectors editionAlso traag, its an awesome game, it really is and its difficulty is definetly one of its appealing factors, it just requires a lot of patience at first, which a lot of gamers don't have ha

ehh I got borderlands same time i got dark souls lulz, you got ps3? if so hmu, Sgt_Miko, i've already pre-orderd borderlands2 collectors edition

I'll add you next time I'm on. My main is a lvl 21 soldier, but I'm more specced for DPS than healing, since I didn't know the soldier was the healer at first. My psn is kkjwsmith.

I'll add you next time I'm on. My main is a lvl 21 soldier, but I'm more specced for DPS than healing, since I didn't know the soldier was the healer at first. My psn is kkjwsmith.

Ehh same here lol, I might start over as a berserker though.

Got this when it came out and pissed it :/ honestly its not that hard you just have to approach things differently Posted Image like running the other way!!

Might re-buy

Yeah after hours of gameplay spent on Dark Souls, I found I have benefitted over 10 fold on other games, Usually I tank but now I'm proficent at dodge and roll, backstep, hit and run, ha, I recommend Dark Souls to every gamer out there, you'll definetly see the benefits in other games.

• 3 weeks later...

i understand your pain.... i put it in and began playing and i was like WHAT THE FUCK... so confused.. so frustrated.... trying really hard not to give up on it

i understand your pain.... i put it in and began playing and i was like WHAT THE FUCK... so confused.. so frustrated.... trying really hard not to give up on it

*Minor Spoilers*DON"T GIVE UP. Oh my gosh, I pushed myself to get through the game a bit, more, and it is now amazing. You unlock fast travel after you beat a place called Anor Londo, and it comes in handy. The only bad thing is you fight the second cheapest boss in the game in order to get through that area. Finding all the covenants is fun as well. And then there's the PvP. Easily one of my favorite multiplayer systems. Its servers are crap, and there's many cheaters, but the concept more than makes up for it.

• 2 months later...

i totally understand... i play for ten minutes and i already wanna throw the controller through the tv.. lol

Yes, the memories. One of the most frustrating parts for me was when I first reached Lordran. I spent an hour trying to get through the  Catacombs, since I didn't see any other path. I then spent an hour trying to get through New Londo, because that was the second path I saw. Only then did I see the path to Undead Burg.

I must say, Demon's Souls did a much better job of hooking me, though Dark Souls was probably better in the long run.