Skyrim Patch 1.7 Announced - Delays(?) Dawnguard for PS3

David

Skyrim's 1.7 patch has recently been anounced. It should arrive on the consoles in 1-2 weeks. PC users can already get at it by accessing the Beta Skyrim channel.

This COULD delay Dawnguard on the PS3, which can legally be released on 7/26. The reasons being that the PS3 never received patch 1.6, which introduced files necessary for the Dawnguard DLC. With the 1-2 weeks required for 1.7 to be released (which includes 1.6), PS3 users will likely have to wait a bit longer.

Update 1.7 (all platforms unless specified)

BUG FIXES

[*]General memory and stability optimizations

[*]Fixed crash related to new water shaders (Nnnnnooooooooo!1)

[*]Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings

[*]Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)

[*]Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards

[*]Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)

[*]Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)

[*]Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)

Traaginen do you know if the Skyrim 1.7 patch will prevent the vampire-werewolf hybrid glitch?

Everything I know right now is based on the release notes, and it doesn't appear to be listed there. Of course they never list every little bug they fix, so we can't be sure until it's released.

I wonder if it will be possible on the PS-3. I must admit that part I absolutely love! When you switch to werewolf mode, and revert back to human, your eyes and countenance look just as it did before your Vampiric Lord transformation. In other words, you don't have the red eyes. People still comment on your vampire nature and your werewolf nature. Then once you switch back to Vampire Lord, you regain your Vampiric Sight and your red eyes. I love it, if they didn't mean to make this glitch, then somehow that was a perfect mistake! :0 I will help you with getting the hybrid situation started if you need (once the Dawnguard comes available for the PS3). Because, it took me a while to work it out on my characters. One of my characters was able to do the hybrid transformation (by pushing for the change to Vampire Lord) right when I began to drink the blood in the Underforge, and it worked perfectly. My second character, I did the same thing, but as soon as I stepped outside, I changed from werewolf right in to the Vampire Lord, and I had to have Serana bite me again, which gave me both the Werewolf and Vampire Lord hybrid feature.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope that I am wrong and it is a way to keep the hybrid glitch, but both of my characters after the newest, mandatory update lost the Vampire Lord 'change' functionality. Perhaps my DLC, is just being weird again. But, I hope to get a 2nd opinion from some who have or had the hybrid glitch.