Photo

The Different Types of Gamers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

I generally only buy/play the triple AAA titles; the biggest games of every year. With that in mind, I play all of the AAA titles across a wide range of genres: shooters, RPG's, Action/Adventure, etc. After those, I play maybe a few more "niche" games like NCAA Football that are specific to my interests.I don't know what I'd call that, but yeah.

Maybe just "Regular Gamer"? Not so sure about that as the term "regular" is relative to the people and crowd who say it.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

RayJuice

RayJuice

• 9 Posts
"Regular Gamer" could work, or maybe "The Big-Hit Gamer","Big Title Gamer", "Top Star Gamer", or "The 'Only-Games-Worth-It' Gamer".

drake

drake

• 5 Posts
I think i would fit best in the "online gamer" category. I do appreciate storytelling and the campaign aspect of a game but love strategy, tactics and just overall analytics. Knowing what dpi/sens to use, how to position a team on a map and even your physical position relative to the screen and mouse to optimize gameplay, i find very interesting :)

Omega Dragon Warlord

Omega Dragon Warlord

• 15 Posts
Something a la the hardcore gamer route, but not quite so hardcore and I'm hardly casual. Not to mention, I am quite the graphics whore, a bit of a PC elitist, and the direct opposite of a genre gamer - there are certain genres I just don't like.

APOLLYON

APOLLYON

• 406 Posts
This would make me an online/casual gamer. I enjoy single player games but mostly prepher online multi-player games, ex, mass effect, borderlands, call of duty, diablo, little big planet, dynasty warriors, infamous.

Dy3nasty666

Dy3nasty666

• 517 Posts
online definatly :D

Soulfire78

Soulfire78

• 2 Posts
Casual gamer here, I guess, with definite obsessive tendencies towards Skyrim and the Fallout series. I won't play for months and then I'll get sucked in all over again. Something about those wide-open range games that just pull me in. I used to play Farmville, but that was more out of a need for visual Xanax than anything else (No, I did not take an arrow to the knee, ending my farming career). Love Little Big Planet when playing with my son, and Infinity Blade II when I'm on the go. Halo and Black Ops are fun when I'm in a "if you can't beat'em, join'em" frame of mind.

I was a hardcore gamer until 2001 when I became a mom. Then I was only hardcore anything after 8 pm when the kids went to bed. Then in 2006 I got married (yea I realize I may have done things in the wrong order) and realized that being married means you have to share the tv after 8pm. It was tragic but I became a casual gamer and learned to love boxing on the wii with my kids during the day.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

This would make me an online/casual gamer. I enjoy single player games but mostly prepher online multi-player games, ex, mass effect, borderlands, call of duty, diablo, little big planet, dynasty warriors, infamous.

Mass Effect, Infamous, and arguably Dynasty Warriors and Diablo are single player games...Infamous doesn't even have multiplayer.

Henry

Henry

• 93 Posts
Heh, I must admitt I really enjoyed this thread the explanations and "How to find one" are the best part of it.If i were to categorize myself I'd also be somewhere between Casual and Hardcore and sadly with a little bit of MMORPG Gamer.I only add MMORPG in there because I know far too much about to the point where I'm actually saddened :( <-- Sad HenryFor instance think about this:If your brain were comparable to a hard drive, Imagine how much room Runescape knowledge is taking up currently.THINK OF ALL THE THINGS WE COULD HAVE FILLED OUR HEADS WITH INSTEAD.:3

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
My heads full of rs and naked women.Do I win at life yet?

APOLLYON

APOLLYON

• 406 Posts

Mass Effect, Infamous, and arguably Dynasty Warriors and Diablo are single player games...Infamous doesn't even have multiplayer.

Fool these are examples of games I play, as in online and single player. Also who the hell plays Diablo on single player anyways ha. Also after beating Mass Effect3 I mostly play the multiplayer version of it, that is till i get Me2 since i have the extended ending upgrade for Me3.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Updated.

Also, 28,000 views for the win?

Ajax

Ajax

There are two types of gamers you are missing. 

1: the browser game game. The people, usually in there 20's-50's who play games like evony, ogame, basically any game where it takes 12 hours to upgrade a building.

2: lastly, the flash game player. The people, usually younger, who only play the game you find on armor games,  addicting games, and onemorelevel. 

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

1: the browser game game. The people, usually in there 20's-50's who play games like evony, ogame, basically any game where it takes 12 hours to upgrade a building.

2: lastly, the flash game player. The people, usually younger, who only play the game you find on armor games,  addicting games, and onemorelevel. 

I would group the first group in with either App or MMORPG gamer. I would group the second group in with Casual, or maybe App gamer if they're really serious about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com