Dawnguard - Everyone Attacks Me

LivJaeTisha

Question

Guest killonsight

I've had this happen to me twice. My character was on the Dawnguard side and not a vampire. The first time it was because I had a bounty of 1000 in the Rift. Once cleared, they stopped attacking me. The second time it happened seemed totally random but my theory is that it might have been from accidentally killing one of the huskies while it was my follower. I waited about a weeks worth of in-game time before going back and they weren't hostile anymore.

Guest Shaftjr21

So I was having this problem and this is what I did. As soon as the game loads up after I entered the cave to dawngaurd I turned into my wolf form and waited for it to wear off. Then I walked up to the first person in nothing but the little cloth that it leaves you in when the wolf form wears off. This stopped the attacks. I have a bounty in 4 holds but it doesn't seem to matter

Guest the count of chains

Im playing as a vamp with the vamps obviouly abd i just need to give the bloodstone chalice to garan marethi but they all just attack me

As everyone else is saying if you have serena as a follower they will attack you because shes a vampire enless you devamp her. Where a dawngaurds outfit or something settle, and get rid of all your bounties in every city.

Im playing as a vamp with the vamps obviouly abd i just need to give the bloodstone chalice to garan marethi but they all just attack me

Well did you kill a vampire that lived in the castle? did you turn into a vampire lord while inside the castle but outside the castle training room? Did you attack one of them? if you did any of these you might want to reload it back if you are a head of that and don't want to go back that far. go to morthal and get cured by Falion then go to the castle once they tell you to get turned back into a vampire you should be fine and if you want turn back into a vampire by having serana biting you....... Hope this helps

Guest Justin Fuller

I've just installed Dawnguard and everyone keeps attacking me as soon as I try to start the Dawnguard quest, I've removed all armor & weaponary, I have no bounties or vampire aspects. I had to use bend will at Fort Dawnguard just to start the quest.

Can anyone assist?

Regards

JF :smile:

Guest Justin Fuller

I found out that if you commit a crime & serve your time in prison, it resets & you can continue the dawnguard quests without being attacked anymore. I will update if the problem re-occurs.

Regards

JF

Guest MovieDude920

I am having a similar problem. I have completed the entire questline for the vampires and killed Lord Harkon and am not a vampire any more, but when i go in to fort dawnguard all the dawnguards attack me on sight. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest James

I have the same issue wtf.. I'm thinking it might be because I joined mora boon so I am a servant of a daedric lord???? And that's why dawnguardd is sattacking me..

If you joined the vampires they are going to attack you even if your no longer one they still think you are so they are going to attack you, if you joined the dawn guard the vampires will attack you because your a vampire hunter, thats the only reason why they attack you, and it's not because of a bounty, it's because of what side you chose.....

I know for a fact that even if you are not a vampire, but have completed the vampire quest line that they will attack you. I don't know why, but they seem to hold a grudge... There is also no way to "fix" this, it's just the harsh reality.

That may be so, but you don't need to finish the Vampire quest line for Dawnguard to attack. I didn't go near the Vampire quest line and they attacked. You just need to kill the wrong person at the wrong time.

I started the dawnguard quest and everyone started attacking me and I read that it could b my follower so I left my follower behind and it seemed okay and the first guy you see started to talk to me but then randomley started to attack me shorty after he started to talk to me

I started the dawnguard quest and everyone started attacking me and I read that it could b my follower so I left my follower behind and it seemed okay and the first guy you see started to talk to me but then randomley started to attack me shorty after he started to talk to me

Be careful with who you do and don't kill, doing so will save a lot of trouble in this area.

I had this problem. I was not a vampire and didn't have a bounty in any of the holds. I reverted to an earlier save and reset the DLC and they still attacked me. How I fixed it: went into console and did "player.addfac" and put in the dawnguard faction id. They did not attack me anymore.

Guest SlipperZ

If you want to become a werewolf again, you can ask aela the huntress to give you the gift of beast blood back. If that doesnt work, try looking at the wiki for console commands to get beast blood back.