My Wife Won't Sleep With Me

Blake

Question

First of all, hilarious topic title, amirite?

But seriously, I've always had this problem. I got married, expecting to get the 15% xp from Lover's Comfort. HOWEVER my wife never falls asleep. It's gotten to the point I'm actually quite concerned. I tried asking her to follow me, then telling her to sleep (which looking back now, is actually a stupid idea) but that didn't work. The two times she was actually asleep, which was like 3 in the afternoon that bitch, I would sleep next to her but when I woke up she was gone and I only got Well Rested.

So what am I doing wrong?

Well I'll be damned. Here is how it went.I married the Dark Elf student from the college, so I told her to go back to her place, which is the Hall of Attainment. I met her there and tried to sleep in her bed, which I knew it was her's because she was sleeping in it at the time, but it said it was owned by her so I couldn't use it. I then told her to move back to Honeyside. After telling her to move back, I decided to try sleeping in my bed and when I woke up I got the 15% bonus. It was a single bed so I at least got to second base. After this I met her back in Riften and we had another go at it, and I kept getting the 15% bonus.So lesson learned. If you want the bonus, try sleeping at his/her place first, then moving officially to wherever you want. I also think that the game registers that you are living with him/her as long he/she is still in the building, as I told the Dark Elf we are moving back to Riften before sleeping in my College of Winterhold bed. This also sheds some light on marrying people who live in the College of Winterhold, and maybe similar establishments.CASE CLOSED.

• Upvote 1

Can you marry Lyidia ? I've tried telling her to wait sleep in the bed before so I could curl up beside her and get cozy but then I went on a killing spree cause it didn't work ! Hahaha, great thread !

Yes, you can marry Lydia. However, there was a bug that prevented the dialogue so in order to get the option you need to download and install the latest patch (v1.5).

I've never played Skyrim, but I just wanted to thank you all for the good read. It is very entertaining when you have no idea what's going on!Happy Gaming!(please don't count this as spam... um.. *cookie?*)

youve never played skyrim?!?!? do you have any idea what your missing lol

Yes, you can marry Lydia. However, there was a bug that prevented the dialogue so in order to get the option you need to download and install the latest patch (v1.5).

also did not now about this patch.... im guessin download it from xbox live? how mush will this cost me?

I married Jordis and she's been following me for ages. Great on the battlefield but not so much in the bedroom. For awhile I thought she simply didn't sleep! But then I found that if she's not my follower she does indeed sleep, but when I get into bed with her and sleep she's gone whaen I awake and I didn't get the bonus. (Sound familiar, Blake?) So I took Blake's advice and moved to her house in Solitude. I waited around the bloody clock for her to go to bed but she never did. So I went looking for her. I found her in the basement sleeping on a bedroll, which I of course could not join her in - too small. So I taked to her and she got up and I quickly slept on the bedroll... no bonus.

Then she went upstairs and I thought she might sleep there, but no such luck; she sat at the table in the bedroom eating. I tried sleeping - no bonus.

So... WTF? I know it's only 5% but hey . . .  I ought to be able to get it, ya know?

I know this thread is pretty old. Just hoping somebody'll see and know somethin I can do.

I married Jordis and she's been following me for ages. Great on the battlefield but not so much in the bedroom. For awhile I thought she simply didn't sleep! But then I found that if she's not my follower she does indeed sleep, but when I get into bed with her and sleep she's gone whaen I awake and I didn't get the bonus. (Sound familiar, Blake?) So I took Blake's advice and moved to her house in Solitude. I waited around the bloody clock for her to go to bed but she never did. So I went looking for her. I found her in the basement sleeping on a bedroll, which I of course could not join her in - too small. So I taked to her and she got up and I quickly slept on the bedroll... no bonus.

Then she went upstairs and I thought she might sleep there, but no such luck; she sat at the table in the bedroom eating. I tried sleeping - no bonus.

So... WTF? I know it's only 5% but hey . . .  I ought to be able to get it, ya know?

I know this thread is pretty old. Just hoping somebody'll see and know somethin I can do.

Only suggestion I have is to try to re-create what I did way back when. While she is her Solitude house, tell her to move back into whatever house you wanna live in, then sleep in the bedroll, or maybe the big bed upstairs, and see if you get the bonus. Try to do this as quickly as you can though, as when I did it with the Dark Elf girl, she was still inside the building when I slept.

And, you know. 5% isn't that huge, so you aren't missing out on that much. And Jordis looks like a monkey anyway. Double win.

That was happening to me to lol... but the one time i told my husband - Farkas- to sleep and he went to sleep but evverytime i went to go to sleep with him he would get up.. so what i did is i told him to sleep and ran as quickly as possible to the bed before he got up and then i woke up with lovers comfort...lmao and he wakes up mostly likely after i go to sleep... so i say he wakes up like at 6:50 and i wake up at 7:30 lmao he is an early riser... truthfully i don't believe it matters but try some remedies im sure they will work and if not well i guess your SOL...lmao

I married Ysolda, but can't get her into bed.  Perhaps it's because I have beast blood running through my veins.  Or, that the damn Dark Brotherhood keeps kidnapping me...

Guest Jennipher

Okay, so, I'm a woman married to a woman. One, can me and my wife have children? Two, i don't receive the sleep bonus cuz I'm a werewolf so how can I tell if it worked. Three, can you even HAVE children in skyrim??

Okay, so, I'm a woman married to a woman. One, can me and my wife have children?

Nope.

Two, i don't receive the sleep bonus cuz I'm a werewolf so how can I tell if it worked.

You can't receive a sleeping bonus as a werewolf, so there's no effect to test in the first place.

Normally (when you're not a werewolf), a message will appear telling you what bonus you received, e.g. "You awaken feeling Well Rested."

Three, can you even HAVE children in skyrim??

If you have Hearthfire DLC, you can adopt children. There is no way to have biological children regardless of spouse combinations.