Training Alchemy - Speed and Money

David

So I've just started initial preparations for my alchemy power-leveling blitz. I know I just wrote a guide on power-leveling for every skill, but alchemy is one of the few I'm inexperienced in. For one thing, can anyone point out a legitimate method I can add to the guide? Or are just mass-puchasing ingredients and mundanely creating random potions the best you can do? Almost makes me long for the days of duping wheat and cheese in Oblivion.Anyways, numerous people I've talked to... Well, Fergal.... Have claimed that you make tons of money training alchemy. I've just recently started and my potions are low-tier garbage, but I'm still losing money on ingredients. Does this turn around or is it the norm?

What I try to do is Thief Stone and Well Rested with the best alchemy gear I can create. Usually while wearing that and buying only the cheaper ingredients, I make profit. I wouldn't say a ton compared to what I could do to make money, but enough to get the job done. And no, I can't think of any power leveling method for alchemy. I mean at one point I went on giant toe and wheat runs, but that got increasingly repetitive with no real profit.

I later realised that the higher your alchemy, the more your potions are worth so yeah. It's not great profit, but it's definitely not something that would drain you for all your gold when you're done.Wheat and giant's toe seems to be the best method, but getting giant's toes are too hard because of the time needed for giants to respawn. Then I tried going to an alchemy store, buying every ingredient, making random potions (I used some site that showed how to make all the potions, so just searched [ctrl+f] an ingredient and it showed the ones that go with it to make potions). Which I think made my lose a very small amount of gold. :)This is why I gave up at like level 40. :)