The 2012 Super Bowl

David

So, who are you rooting for, and why?I'm pulling for the Patriots. I'm tired of the Manning brothers, and the Giants have become "that" mediocre team that through numerous instances of luck/opponent schadenfreude manages to make it through the playoffs. Still annoyed with their fluke victory over the would-be 18-0 Patriots a few years back.I'm not even a Patriots fan, but I pull for Tom Brady since he QB'd at my University.

• Upvote 1

You managed to fit the word schadenfreude in there. I like.Honestly, it is another one where I don't care about, but since I'm going to watch it with friends, I'll be rooting for the Giants even though I see the Patriots winning this one. Not really a big Patriot fan. Nor Giants, but I feel like the Patriots win too often.

Question - Brady has the ball at the 50 with 20 seconds left. Giants get a penalty for having 12 men on the field (one extra in coverage) but they don't reset the clock, so the Patriots lose a good 10 seconds on the play. Intentional? Why not put 15-20 guys out there every time and just take the 5 yards?

Question - Brady has the ball at the 50 with 20 seconds left. Giants get a penalty for having 12 men on the field (one extra in coverage) but they don't reset the clock, so the Patriots lose a good 10 seconds on the play. Intentional? Why not put 15-20 guys out there every time and just take the 5 yards?

Refs would catch it earlier. One of football's most retarded rules.

The refs can't penalize the team until after the ball is snapped though, so BEST case the QB notices and spikes the ball for a ~2 second loss. If using 12-13 guys the QB would never notice since he's in hurry up mode and has to snap the ball. Hopefully it's changed in the off-season.

• Upvote 1

The Giants might be my most disliked team in all of sports. Always ridiculously mediocre and then get absolute bullshit calls / luck to make it through to the play-offs.

To be fair, they outplayed GB even with the refs giving them bullshit calls. They got pretty lucky in both the SF and NE games, but it's football and you have to execute.