we need more factions

I only listed 7, but there might be smaller ones I didn't include. I guess 8 if you include befriending the orcs. Maybe 9 if you include helping the Forsworn escape from Chidna Mine.Yeah I agree factions are pretty cool. Oblivion had a good 12~. Then again, I prefer quality of the factions than quantity.

Skyrim

College of Winterhold

The Companions

Thieves Guild

Dark Brotherhood

The Blades

Stormcloaks/Impreial Legion

Bards College

Orc Strongholds

Forsworn

Oblivion

The Order of the Dragon

Arena Participant(by the way, want a Skyrim arena)

Mages Guild

Thieves Guild

Fighters Guild

Dark Brotherhood

Mythic Dawn

The Blades

The Knights of White Stallion

The Order of Virtuous Blood

The Knights of the Thorn

Court of Madness

Skyrim

College of Winterhold

The Companions

Thieves Guild

Dark Brotherhood

The Blades

Stormcloaks

Impreial Legion

Bards College

Orc Strongholds

Forsworn - You can join this? I may have if you're talking about that quest you break the leader out of prison.

Oblivion

The Order of the Dragon - Don't remember what this is.

Arena Participant(by the way, want a Skyrim arena)

Mages Guild

Thieves Guild

Fighters Guild

Dark Brotherhood

Mythic Dawn - You can join?

The Blades

The Knights of White Stallion - Don't remember any of these three. I remember the Knights of the Nine, though, which as DLC I believe.

The Order of Virtuous Blood

The Knights of the Thorn

Court of Madness

The Mythic dawn have a fantastic chance of being featured heavily in the upcoming DLC. They have a little cameo in Skyrim already, but otherwise it's surprising how little they're featured. DAWNguard, and all.

Forsworn-you sneak their leader out of the jail and he takes you to a jail filled with friendly Forsworn. As far as I know, these are the only friendly Forsworn. I was being a bit generous with this one.The Order of the Dragon-The highest order in Oblivion. You are promoted to their 2nd highest rank, Champion of Cyrodil, after the Main quest. The highest is Emperor.Mythic Dawn-If you agree to give up your items and walk with the door guard, you are to told cut some lizard. After this, you being a member is marked in your journal. You can leave their base and all of The Blades members will refuse to talk to you and act all pissy. You even yell the things they yell during battle, such as I DO NOT FEAR DEATH!The Knights of the White Stallion-Help Mazoga the Orc kill some bandit and the count of Leyawin appoints you two to this. You can then travel with her to kill bandits. Tbh, I only do this to kill her when she gets daedric armor.The Order of Virtuous Blood-4 guys in a house in the Imperial city tell you they hate all vampires and tell you to help them kill a supposed vampire. If you hunt down the supposed vampire and agree to spare him, you find out he is innocent and the leader of the order is the real vampire. You can then kill him, the fake vampire becomes the leader, and they let you join, paying you for every vampire dust you bring in.The Knights of the Thorn-Counts son and his gang storms an Oblivion gate without the city's guard and tries to shut it. You find out all but two died and if you keep them alive through the whole process, then you can join them. Can't do anything else besides that.

Oh, yeah, I've been involved in most of those besides the Thorn and White Stallion for sure. A lot of those are using faction pretty loosely, though. I don't really consider factions factions unless they open up new dialogue/privileges with other NPC's. It would be nice if Bethesda improved on it to where you'd be enemies with some depending on which you join, etc. etc. The one and done things you do just for the picture on your character menu (Oblivion has this at least) are lame.