Oblivion story vs. Skyrim story

Guest Greyfox

Question

7 answers to this question

Disagree. Oblivion's story was long but fairly redundant; in all fairness I don't even remember doing 99% of it (this can really be an argument against my credibility as much as the story failing). You also have to remember that it centered around the Emperor's son, and you were more or less a role-player doing various fetch tasks for him. I always put the main quest off in every character I made and instead did the DB or Mages Guild quest lines.The final battle in the capital was also a total let down for me.Skyrim is definitely short, there's no denying that. But with Sovngarde, traveling back in time with an Elder Scroll, and battling dragons along side ancient heroes... Out does the Oblivion main quest.

Guest Grey

First thank u guyz 4 answering my question . @blexun im agree with u dude @traagine. 1.maybe u dont remember doing the game because oblivion is an old game Here are some reasons that i prefer oblivion :The begining of oblivion was a way better than skyrim's with the king dreaming about u ... In skyrim u r just a prisoner and u will be saved by a dragon so why kiling them if i was the dovakin i would join dragons and kill imperials :) Other reasons :why r ua dragonborn and not someone else?The wholde blades thing was very cool in Ob but u see an elf and an old man as former blades in sky…There isnt a big capital city in skyrim like cyrodill .In my opinion even the final battle in ob was moreFun (martin became a dragon and …) in skyrim its like u always know at the end u r gonna kill Alduin.Of course its all in my opinion , anyway i found the site today and its very fun and usefull Sorry for the bad english

I just like the idea of Mehrunes Dagon attacking Tamirel better than the dragons attacking Skyrim. Skyrim executed what it did better than Oblivion did, but I think Oblivion had the better niche.I will give Skyrim some things though. In Skyrim you are the hero rather than Martin being the main focus, but then again, you do become the Champion of Tamirel at the end. Also, Skyrim had a better final battle with you fighting the enemy.By the way, Delphine was a Nord, not an elf.