Could my disk be scratched?

So, the new bulb I got for the projector was too dim, so I sent it back. I decided to move the ps3 to a smaller tv so I could still use it. When I moved it, I found out I lost the AV cable, and only had the HDMI cable for the projector, so I moved it back. This whole time, my copy of Demon's Souls was inside. Could it be damaged or scratched from the moving?

So, the new bulb I got for the projector was too dim, so I sent it back. I decided to move the ps3 to a smaller tv so I could still use it. When I moved it, I found out I lost the AV cable, and only had the HDMI cable for the projector, so I moved it back. This whole time, my copy of Demon's Souls was inside. Could it be damaged or scratched from the moving?

it could be very possible, and most likely there will be a couple from it. The severity of the scratches will obviously be worse, the worse you handled your PS3. If you carefully moved it and it generally didnt "move" then the scratches will probably be minor, whereas is you had it... for example under your arm sideways and going up stairs.

I don't even understand where this "scratched when inside console" thing is coming from. The disc is held firmly in place in any sort of disk reader, how could it possibly be scratched? Unless you drop it from a 4 story building I don't see any damage coming to it.

This probably comes from people trying to move it from horizontal to vertical positions when the console is on and reading the disk, which will obviosly cause problems...

I only mentioned it because of experience.. My original GTA IV was in my xbox while off while i moved it and it somehow managed to get scratched (then again my old xbox ate games for lunch -.-) I went through 3 Rainbow Six Vegas 2's because of it. I think that it probably depends on the console? but yeah, other than a few rare exceptions, it's impossible.

Well, I know the old Xbox's (not sure if the newer versions have the same issue) had problems only when the console was tilted AND the game was running, since the spinning disc would rotate and begin scraping against the edge of the laser. As long as the console wasn't on it shouldn't be an issue, and even if it was - the newer 360's probably have some sort of guard against it. You can manually fix it by just putting some sort of foam guard above the disc reader so that when it tilts it can't do so enough to where it will hit the laser.Oh, and stop posting these in Skyrim Questions, please.