Photo

Skyrim Character builds (Most are Level 81)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
I've done comparisons a lot and overall between Daedric and Dragon, Daedric at (Legendary) does end with a higher armor rating. The Enchants do make more sense as well, just that boots have awful enchants for them in my opinion. I think they go better for sneak builds. I do like the changes and they are getting easier to read. That should be a template for critiques. :D A small rough personal summary, Enchant changes to the build, and Perk changes. :D
Do you like the Perk trees being lumped together, or individual and I feel easier to read?

Legend for Boot Enchants:
Spoiler

[/list]

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
I never put Heavy Armor on any of my mage characters as my atronachs and followers would take most of the damage, but I'd understand why you would have it up there. I don't think putting that many perks into the right tree for better protection is necessary though. On my thief character I have at the moment, I only have 3 perks in the first perk (the one that improves the effectiveness of light armor in general) and, with smithing and enchanting boost, I passed the max armor rating. I imagine it'd be easier to achieve that with Heavy.Good build overall though. I too hate enchanting my feet.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one, ha. Also do you have an xbox? Also, I made a guide, check it out. I like being here, everybody is really nice :D and at least honest. you and traaginen are very knowledgeable with enchantments and whatnot.

Edit: No builds for today :< I left my enchantments sheet at home. Might scour for some weapon enchants and make a list somewhere on the site for reference. I could try to make them really in depth and such.

Maybe one day they'll be perfect.

Currently tweaking a "Hunter" Spec from a couple of days ago.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
working on a Stealth build right now. Any suggestions? hopefully aiming for level 50.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
As you said Stealth, I didn't include what I would for a Thief character. In other words, I focused more on the combat-stealth character rather than the practical thief with Lockpicking, Pickpocketing, and relative perks.I would say the usual 100 Smithing with all 6 heavy perks and 100 Enchanting with 8 perks on the middle path is a given. The Stealth character I'm on now uses both Archery and One handed, but I can understand if you would want to stick with one or the other. For Sneak, picking up the right side of the perk tree (the ones with back stab, assassin's blade, etc) is a must. I really like Silent Movement, but you can forget about this if you are lucky to find a Muffle enchantment. Light Armor is your best bet. I wouldn't invest too many perks in the armor efficiency aspect as the 100 smithing and enchanting will max out your armor rating anyway. The left side of the Light Armor may interest you. And maybe Alchemy, if anything just for role playing purposes.Khjaiit will be the best starter race. Maybe Wood Elf.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
There are a lot of different routes you can choose with stealth. Dual dagger, one-handed, archery, etc. Sneak attacks are probably overpowered in the game, but it really makes things a blast. Though at high sneak levels it's almost "too easy."Also, why not an Argonian?

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
Argonian would definitely work, but they have bonuses in Lockpicking and Pickpocket as well as Sneak, so I always pictured them as a Thief rather than the combat stealth that I planned out.Then again, you can pretty much make any type of character with any race, so that doesn't really matter. Just makes things a tad easier. Argonian as better abilities anyway.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
I like Blex's idea of the Archery + One-Hand because you can't rely solely on your bow, as normally my ending set of armor almost forces me to play on Master. The Enchanting and Smithing are an obvious thing, and I like the Alchemy because last night i expeimented with my 81 "hunter" and i have a legit 12k gold Daedric bow that with daedric arrows does 652 damage. So + to the Alchemy. I'd have to decide on it dualing as a thief as well but i don't know. I want to keep this between 50-60 in level. when I have access to a computer i'll work more at it.Edit: i didnt really expect this but with Alteration for something like a melee class isnt a bad idea as the Master spell is ridiculous. "Caster ignores 80% of all physical damage for 30 seconds" which is pretty good (at least i think xD)

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
Dragonhide doesn't stack with your armor though. So if you use your Smithing and Enchanting correctly, then that kind of eliminates the need for Dragonhide. Dragonhide is still a good spell if you are a pure mage and/or don't specialize in any kind of armor.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
Yeah, that actually does make sense, just never really noticed the master ritual spell side-quests. I'm playing right now on my 81 Hunter and my Daedric War Axe two shots Falmer Shadowmasters(?) with a power attack. the dps he has is insane.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
Hopefully will have a build out tonight but I'm posting a build Template for quickness etc.

Level (number) (Build Name/Type):

Requirements:

Personal Notes:

Enchants:

Helmet:
Chest:
Hands:
Feet:
Shield:
Ring:
Amulet:

Perk Distribution:
(Extra link if the original doesn't work)

Health/Magicka/Stamina Distribution:

Enjoy everyone who wants to do one yourself :D feel free to edit wherever need be for your own build.
Also, going to post up a guide for Alchemy and Enchanting, also possibly smithing including base stats. (These will be on the guides thread)

Edit:
Spoiler

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
Basically ending this thread. All builds after the last one here will be made into new threads for people to directly comment about that specific one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com