Skyrim - Game Freezes When Entering Water [Fix]

wylliam

Question

Guest jeff.o

I was having the water glitch. Your solution worked but I did it when I was at the new map for the expansion dragonborn. Now it wont let me load my saved files at that map. when I manually load those saves it automatically loads previous saves in the old map. The boat that takes you to the map is at that map also so i have no way of getting back to the new map. I tried re downloading the expansion but it does the same thing. any advice?

I was having the water glitch. Your solution worked but I did it when I was at the new map for the expansion dragonborn. Now it wont let me load my saved files at that map. when I manually load those saves it automatically loads previous saves in the old map. The boat that takes you to the map is at that map also so i have no way of getting back to the new map. I tried re downloading the expansion but it does the same thing. any advice?

I did this but have now lost dragonborn update. Help anyone?!

If it's just a glitch with the boat not moving back to the starting location, perhaps the following console commands (assuming you have the PC version) will work. Open the console by hitting the ` (usually to the left of the number 1).

The code you enter is...

coc <ID>

The ID is the location ID of where you want to go. I don't know any of the Dragonborn ID's off-hand, but you should be able to get them by typing...

help location 0

into the console, or perhaps by checking here. Then you just need to chose one in Solstheim or wherever you want to go.

Please report back and let us know if that works. :)

Yes, the glitch with the water is happening for me too but if I delete the Skyrim game data and the update will that delete my dlc for dawnguard and dragonborn?

No, what's listed in the directions won't delete the DLC installs. Even if you did do that on accident, though, you could just reinstall the DLC and continue as you left off.