Skyrim - Game Freezes When Entering Water [Fix]

wylliam

Question

Guest Mona the Wise (Skyrim elf)

I just deleted both as you said, and launched the game...it is now redownloading everything...here's hoping it helps!...and hoping it also helps with a couple of other annoying glitches!...when I try to join the companions,an annoying dude attaches himself to me and follows me everywhere and keeps trying to talk to me all through my quests...I can't do anything while he is attached to me!!

Hi! I have that same problem but my ''delete'' is grayed out so I can't delete the Game Data Utility named Skyrim. What causes this?

I'm not sure. Perhaps you're not on the PS3's main user account? It really shouldn't matter now that patch 1.7 is out; updating to 1.7 should resolve the issues from 1.5 without making it necessary to delete the old one. Well, probably.

Well, I deleted the files specified.  Then it forced the download of the new update and I also did a system update as well.  So everything is current but it will not let me load my save. It is giving me the error message "This save game was created on a later version of Skyrim.  Please download any updates."  With "Ok" as the only option.  Is there a way to download another update without adding back the water glitch?

I'm new and just registered (I know I didn't need to, to reply), but I would like to thank you for the tip. Not being able to go in the water stopped me from playing the game for about 6 months. I would like to ask, probably stated another thread, but there were other bugs, would deleting the two things you mentioned fix them bugs as well?

Danny

I'm new and just registered (I know I didn't need to, to reply), but I would like to thank you for the tip. Not being able to go in the water stopped me from playing the game for about 6 months. I would like to ask, probably stated another thread, but there were other bugs, would deleting the two things you mentioned fix them bugs as well?

Danny

It might solve a few things, but the majority of bugs people experience (i.e. most that are related to quests) won't be solved by doing this.

I too had this water problem. I deleted the files and downloaded new.  The download said 1.06 not 1.5 My system information confirmed it was the 1.06.  Now I can't continue my Stormcloak's quest to the island because it is NOT there.  The graphics just fall off, like a waterfall,  just past Winterholden.  If I try to continue I fall into the water but can't get out.  When I go to Whiterun I have no buildings just floating doors.  When I try to fast travel to Wreck of the Pride of Tel Vos, I return right back to where I was.  When I fast travel to Windhelm, it looks like I am falling from the sky and I die when I land.  How do I fix these problems?

I too had this water problem. I deleted the files and downloaded new.  The download said 1.06 not 1.5 My system information confirmed it was the 1.06.  Now I can't continue my Stormcloak's quest to the island because it is NOT there.  The graphics just fall off, like a waterfall,  just past Winterholden.  If I try to continue I fall into the water but can't get out.  When I go to Whiterun I have no buildings just floating doors.  When I try to fast travel to Wreck of the Pride of Tel Vos, I return right back to where I was.  When I fast travel to Windhelm, it looks like I am falling from the sky and I die when I land.  How do I fix these problems?

I've never heard of any of those problems. I'd recommend doing the fix in the second post again, and make sure you follow the directions carefully. It may just be a freak issue that will be resolved if done again.

As far as the 1.06 v. 1.05/1.5, the numbers are not important so long as you're getting the most recent update from PSN.

Guest ctilley

Hey guys, I realize that this fix was provide over a year ago....but when the game went all glitchy I just stopped playing all together so never experienced this problem....until now.

I however have updated to the newest patch that was released yesterday.  Played for a bit and then discovered that it froze every time I touched water.

I tried the game data fix that was provided, reinstalled everything but it still freezes as soon as I touch water.  Is this because I already updated past the 1.5 patch?

Any fixes out there??  I am looking forward to downloading the first expansion later today but if this problem is around I might be changing my mind.