Skyrim - Game Freezes When Entering Water [Fix]

wylliam

Question

No, the game data isn't related to trophies. If it makes you feel better, you can sync them so they're backed up online; they'll be safe then even if your PS3 falls out of a 747. :)Trophies are only lost if the entire system is formatted without first syncing them with a server.

You should delete both. The game data will just automatically re-install from the disc when you start the game, so you don't have to worry about anything provided you delete the right two things. It doesn't take long, maybe ~5 mintues at worst, to reinstall the game data. The patch will vary depending on your internet speed.

Guest Cody

ok i did what you said i deleted everthing and let it update and stuff now my skyrim will not load i press continue at the starting screen it shows the skyrim dragon my level and a black screen with mist and it will not load please help meim going to do everthing over this time and see if it works cause i've been at the loading screen for like a hour now soo yea im going to redo everthing and if it work i will tell youok did it the second time it loaded good and no more freezing when i go to the water thanks bro i owe ya one

No, DO NOT delete your game saves. This has been covered in the directions on previous pages.

There are two folders that keep Skyrim data under the "GAME" category on the XMB that people are confusing...

[*]Game Data Utility

[*]Saved Data Utility (PS3)

"Saved Data Utility" contains your game saves (profile data, characters, etc.); you do NOT touch anything in this folder. "Game Data Utility" is where you need to look. It contains two files: "Skyrim" (file installed off the disc the first time you play) and "Skyrim Update" (patches downloaded from the internet). Neither of these are related to your game saves, and need to be deleted for this fix to work.

Guest Matrimiabar

This is a life save spent two weeks trying to avoid water just so I could play the. Was doing the star quest in the sunken keep and was like ohhhhh nooooo screwed

Well, I am currently in Afghanistan deployed, and I do not have access to the Internet for my PS3.. Would it affect my game if I delete both? As in, would I not be able to play since I can not update??