Skyrim - Game Freezes When Entering Water [Fix]

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

I too had this water problem. I deleted the files and downloaded new.  The download said 1.06 not 1.5 My system information confirmed it was the 1.06.  Now I can't continue my Stormcloak's quest to the island because it is NOT there.  The graphics just fall off, like a waterfall,  just past Winterholden.  If I try to continue I fall into the water but can't get out.  When I go to Whiterun I have no buildings just floating doors.  When I try to fast travel to Wreck of the Pride of Tel Vos, I return right back to where I was.  When I fast travel to Windhelm, it looks like I am falling from the sky and I die when I land.  How do I fix these problems?

I've never heard of any of those problems. I'd recommend doing the fix in the second post again, and make sure you follow the directions carefully. It may just be a freak issue that will be resolved if done again.

As far as the 1.06 v. 1.05/1.5, the numbers are not important so long as you're getting the most recent update from PSN.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Raven

Raven
I was having the freezing issue and I took your initial advice. It totally worked. I don't usually mess with these things. I just like to play...so thanks a bunch!

adam

adam
Thanks

ctilley

ctilley

Hey guys, I realize that this fix was provide over a year ago....but when the game went all glitchy I just stopped playing all together so never experienced this problem....until now.

I however have updated to the newest patch that was released yesterday.  Played for a bit and then discovered that it froze every time I touched water.

I tried the game data fix that was provided, reinstalled everything but it still freezes as soon as I touch water.  Is this because I already updated past the 1.5 patch?

Any fixes out there??  I am looking forward to downloading the first expansion later today but if this problem is around I might be changing my mind.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Try doing the fix again; double check that you're deleting the old files. Some people in this thread had to do it twice.

There is a small chance that they re-released the old bug with the new patch. Haven't tested it myself, though. This is exceedingly unlikely.

chaps

chaps
I love you. It's been IMPOSSIBLE to get the skeleton key...

Charlie

Charlie
Do you also reinstall the update once you've deleted them

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Do you also reinstall the update once you've deleted them

Yes, it's all in the directions.

jeff.o

jeff.o

I was having the water glitch. Your solution worked but I did it when I was at the new map for the expansion dragonborn. Now it wont let me load my saved files at that map. when I manually load those saves it automatically loads previous saves in the old map. The boat that takes you to the map is at that map also so i have no way of getting back to the new map. I tried re downloading the expansion but it does the same thing. any advice?

Sam

Sam

Worked like a charm.

Andrew

Andrew
I did this but have now lost dragonborn update. Help anyone?!

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

I was having the water glitch. Your solution worked but I did it when I was at the new map for the expansion dragonborn. Now it wont let me load my saved files at that map. when I manually load those saves it automatically loads previous saves in the old map. The boat that takes you to the map is at that map also so i have no way of getting back to the new map. I tried re downloading the expansion but it does the same thing. any advice?

I did this but have now lost dragonborn update. Help anyone?!

If it's just a glitch with the boat not moving back to the starting location, perhaps the following console commands (assuming you have the PC version) will work. Open the console by hitting the ` (usually to the left of the number 1).

The code you enter is...

coc <ID>

The ID is the location ID of where you want to go. I don't know any of the Dragonborn ID's off-hand, but you should be able to get them by typing...

help location 0

into the console, or perhaps by checking here. Then you just need to chose one in Solstheim or wherever you want to go.

Please report back and let us know if that works. :)

Casey

Casey

I tried this and worked great ty! 

Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks that was really starting to piss me off. Fix works perfect

Sepand

Sepand

Yes, the glitch with the water is happening for me too but if I delete the Skyrim game data and the update will that delete my dlc for dawnguard and dragonborn?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com