Skyrim - Game Freezes When Entering Water [Fix]

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

that guy on the bus

that guy on the bus
thanks alpaca

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

scott wonderfuckin frazier

scott wonderfuckin frazier
Dude... you're awesome.

bfig

bfig
Thanks Traaginen, I really appreciate this fix and your patience for answering the same questions 50 times...I CAN continue from my game that was saved after the v1.05 patch, and I CAN go underwater now.I followed these instructions exactly. I went to Game Data Utility and deleted BOTH skyrim files (NOT THE SAVED DATA UTILITY). Then launched skyrim, re-installed the v1.05 patch (and the original game data), and everything worked fine on the first try.

chad

chad
Thanx that helped was getting very frustrated lol

Worked just like you said it would. Thanks alot was ready to throw the game out

Liz

Liz
Thanks, that was driving me mad. :)

Jarlaxel

Jarlaxel

• 1 Posts
by the nine! thanks to you i can safely enter the water again holy crap WOOOO thank you thank you

Bran again

Bran again
There was no patches when I deleted the updates and skyrim game dataEDIT: Nvm. By the nine divines I bless you

Junior

Junior
Thanks for the info...

Nicole

Nicole
I deleted the update and re-opened the game...but the installation was stuck on 82% for an entire night. I know you aren't supposed to turn off the system, but I really didn't know what else to do. Every time I've tried to re-run the game, it's gotten stuck at different percentages for hours on end. Help?

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
That's odd. So you ONLY deleted the update, and the update was what stopped installing, and not the actual game data? Remember that you need to delete both the Update AND Game Data from the Game Data Utility folder, not just the update file.

Nicole

Nicole
I only saw the update, not the game data...and I was in the game data utility folder.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
The file is called "Skyrim", and it should be right next to the "Skyrim Update" file you deleted. If it's not there, I really don't know what to tell you. It has to be assuming you've played the game/installed the files.

Bailey B.

Bailey B.
Worked for me! Unfortunately at first I deleted my game saves but I was wanting to start a new one anyways lol. Go derp!

Thinker

Thinker
Ive been having this problem too, came up with the idea to do that after just thinking a little. I'm going to do it tonight, this confirmed my ideas. When this first happened to me, I searched for a solution but didn't find anything. Glad I looked again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com