Stuck on level 44

Guest Keith the wood elf

Question

Guest Keith the wood elf

Need some Skyrim help? You've come to the right place! This is a free service supported by other players; no registration, personal details, or payment is required.

Just follow the instructions below to post your question and get a fast, professional answer from a fellow gamer!

Instructions

1. Enter your preferred nickname that will appear with this message ("Enter Your Name"), and fill out the captcha (used to prevent bots) in the designated areas above.

2. Enter the subject of your question when prompted for the topic title. Note: the "Topic Title" should only be 2-4 words summarizing the topic of your question; your actual question goes where these instructions are!

3. Write your entire question and other details here, in the body of the large text area. You should delete this default instructional message by overwriting it with your question. This is easily done by selecting all of this text and hitting delete or backspace.

4. Click the "Post New Topic" button below.

5. Await an answer; we'll be with you shortly! Refresh your page to check for replies, or browse other questions while you wait!

Remember to bookmark the page with your question so you know where to find it!

16 answers to this question

You should respond to this thread using the field at the bottom of this page and add more information to your question. :)I'm not sure what you're asking, exactly. The max level is 82, so you should still be able to level up. Around that level it will begin to take much longer, though, since it's quite a high level and thus you will require more experience to increase it.

This happened to me too. I was level 21 and started Smithing. I got plenty of levels that should of bumped me up to 22, but no Level Up option was on the pause menu. So basically, I could keep raising skills, but I couldn't level up, so I couldn't get any more perks or raise my magic, health, or stamina anymore.

All I did was go back to my last save, which I have my game auto saving after I leave every area, so that was just 3 minutes ago. After that, I just Smithed again and I leveled up properly. Note that this issue is actually really rare and it shouldn't happen often; I only ran into that problem once out of 6 playthroughs, reaching 35+ each. In fact, I think one of the more recent patches for the game fixed this issue.

If this doesn't help, just reply giving some more information about your particular predicament. I have a couple of more ideas about how to fix it.

my level stopped at 24 i could level from abilities and training but killing things and completing quests i got no luck . i loaded a normal save and still nothing so i deleted all skyrim memory and started again and still on new characters its stopped .sigh :P

Assuming you uninstalled it and cleared the cache as well when you said you "deleted everything" I'm not sure what else to try. Someone who had a similar problem did the same thing (deleted/uninstalled everything) and also unplugged the 360 as an additional measure, and it fixed the problem.You're positive that EVERYTHING was deleted and uninstalled when the fix was attempted? And on the same attempt, not different instances? If so, that's very odd. Could you try the game with a different xbox, perhaps a friends?

It really wouldn't make much sense for it to be the disc, but assuming you reinstalled everything there's little else that could be causing the problem. You also can't eliminate the disc as a possibility without either using it with a different 360 or using a different disk with the current 360. I'm actually skeptical of disc cleaners anyways, did this problem start soon after it was cleaned or before? I wouldn't be completely surprised if that was related. Couldn't hurt to try with a friend either way, though.

it was before i got the disc cleaned just in case that was the reason for my problem but it doesn't seem that it is .. i guess ill have to go back playing fallout instead :D