Rank Powers/Member Groups Return

David

After brainstorming some ideas for you guys, I've ended up just editing the TRR skin to display your rank images when you post topics. You'll get the group image associated with your rank just on the RuneScape boards here; not the main ES ones. The following ranks are covered:

[*]Clan Leader - RuneScape category moderator.

[*]Council - RuneScape category moderator.

[*]Warlord

[*]Diplomat

[*]Event Coordinator - Event forum moderator.

You should all have the appropriate moderator duties and correct forum permissions. I'll need your help in making sure everything is right; make sure you have access to everything you're supposed to.

Note to Fergal: You will have to adjust these groups via the Admin CP when people are promoted. To add people to these ranks, DO NOT use the "Primary Group" like we've done in the past. You should just select ONE of the Secondary Groups that you want to add the user to inorder to promote them. Hell if I knows what happens when you select two. They'll probably just have two images and it will be ugly looking.

Yes. You just have to go to "Show Moderation Tools" at the bottom of the application thread, click it, and then go to "Topic Moderation" on the left side. From there there's an "Accept Application" option. (these directions will probably change slightly since we're upgrading the forum in a few days) Then they just have to be added to RuneHead and what-not.Oh, and I don't know if you guys have been doing this, but when you accept applications now it doesn't actually change the member group of the account. It's exactly the same, which is why the RuneHead is actually important now.

Note to Fergal: You will have to adjust these groups via the Admin CP when people are promoted. To add people to these ranks, DO NOT use the "Primary Group" like we've done in the past. You should just select ONE of the Secondary Groups that you want to add the user to inorder to promote them. Hell if I knows what happens when you select two. They'll probably just have two images and it will be ugly looking.

Understood. One problem, "[#1004] You do not have permission to access this page" - need more ACP permissions. :P

Anyway, the "Vemon" style group icons looks alright, I just thought it would be better to have all the group icons the same, and these fit in better. Up to you I guess, but eh, here they are.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image